Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2008 TT. Love the car but do not like the stereo. Would like to upgrade to an aftermarket stereo but having trouble finding a harness and an installer who is willing to do it. Not many TT's where I live. Has anyone upgraded the factory radio to an aftermarket stereo in a 2008 TT? If so, did this cause any trouble with warning lights, etc... (dealer warned it could cause problems). Thanks for your expertise!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
tappetersen said:
Just purchased a 2008 TT. Love the car but do not like the stereo. Would like to upgrade to an aftermarket stereo but having trouble finding a harness and an installer who is willing to do it. Not many TT's where I live. Has anyone upgraded the factory radio to an aftermarket stereo in a 2008 TT? If so, did this cause any trouble with warning lights, etc... (dealer warned it could cause problems). Thanks for your expertise!
Hiya Buddy,

www.connects2.co.uk This company do the harness and surrounds and they distribute worldwide

Steve :p :p

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
TT4PJ said:
Hiya,
If you pay Steves air fare he will come over and fit it for you. He has done this twice for me. :p
Your'e not wrong buddy, If need any info drop me a line as I've fitted quite a few kenwood units in TT's and never soldered one wire !!
If i have to come and fit it, well i have 10 days holiday left :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hate to necro, but I am still now having this issue with a 2010 TT. Is the link mentioned above still active? It tells me that I do not have permission to view it. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
That is an old For Sale thread, so even if you could view it (I'm guessing your post count is too low) it wouldn't be much use.

What kind of head unit do you want to fit and how is your TT equipped? Does it have steering wheel controls? Does it have Bose? Are you trying to use an aftermarket amplifier, if so, which one(s)? Are you trying to fit aftermarket speakers or a subwoofer? If so, which parts?

Connects2 have this pretty much all sorted now, so it should be plug and play really. If you're having issues I suspect you have the wrong adaptor cables or you have something hooked up incorrectly or one r more of your new bits is damaged or malfunctioning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.