Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had a long standing problem with my air con which is well documented on the forum&after trying various things&replacing various parts i am going to change the compressor&i was just wondering what kind of job it was, ie the level of difficulty&if any special tools are required?i have a good level of competence in cars & have replaced the dash pod after having it repaired&replaced discs&pads,shockers,suspension parts etc & can do most things regarding replacing parts etc but not a complete enough knowlwedge to be stripping gearboxes etc.if anybody has had this problem since i last posted on it which is probably 12 months ago i would appreciate any comments.the air con works&blows ice cold for approx 5 to 10 mins or approx 5 miles of driving&then the comp stops working & will not work again until the car has been stood&cools down.on 1 of my i found out by using the 49c check that the air con comp cuts out at 77 degress.if anybody has any ideas please read my posts on it from last year&you will get a full understanding of the problem which i dont mind admitting has really done my nut in!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts