Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone keep theirs on all the time, as I guess you're supposed to?

I avoided it if I could on the MK1 as it noticeably sapped the power (and you get less mpg of course) but I don't notice any difference on the TTS, although there must be some of course.

Unless I'm on the motorway or a very fast A road I like to have the windows down anyway 8) .

Roadster owners - yeah, yeah we know, must be nice on days like this. All 4 of them :wink: .

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Regular use stops seals drying out and that's the biggest cause of leaks.

Just had a regas on ours.... Ice cold again!
Still use it on red hot days in the roadster! :wink:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Hardrhino said:

Silly question alert: :roll:

When you use the AC in the roadster, is the roof open or closed?
I heard some where that it actually made a difference being on with the roof open :eek:

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
WozzaTT said:
Roadster owners - yeah, yeah we know, must be nice on days like this. All 4 of them :wink: .
:lol: :lol: :lol:
----------------------

You can have AC on with the roof down but why? if it's a bit chilly use heated seats. If hot windows down for more cooling :wink:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
WozzaTT said:
Oi... - :)

Even if it's only 4 days, it's worth it fella 8)

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hardrhino said:

Yeah, I think they're supposed to be serviced/re-gassed every 2 years aren't they? Very few people bother though as it's not included in the service schedule.

Pretty sure my 10 year old MK1 had never been re-gassed.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ajayp said:
WozzaTT said:

It was only a little bit of bait and two of you have bitten already!!

Have to admit I'd love a Roadster on days like this 8) . *does rain dance*

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
WozzaTT said:
ajayp said:
WozzaTT said:

It was only a little bit of bait and two of you have bitten already!!
Not at all buddy - Mag ride??????????????????????????? :p

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Nyxx said:
WozzaTT said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
----------------------

You can have AC on with the roof down but why? if it's a bit chilly use heated seats. If hot windows down for more cooling :wink:
Totally with you on this Dave.
I don't I asked as I said I had heard this somewhere and was wondering really... :? :?

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,341 Posts
WozzaTT said:
Hi, 11 years old & never regassed, & still blows icey cold..regular use keep seals lubed & no leaks.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
I don't think you're supposed to keep it on all the time - just use it regularly. That's pretty much what I do. I use it in this hot weather and at intervals during the winter or when its raining to stop interior misting.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Dam, I have not used it since I bought the car - better start as I don't want any seals to dry up and cause issues :?

What would you call regular use?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ajayp said:
Not at all buddy - Mag ride??????????????????????????? :p
Still not!!!!!

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hoggy said:
WozzaTT said:
Hi, 11 years old & never regassed, & still blows icey cold..regular use keep seals lubed & no leaks.
Hoggy. :D
Wow - that every 2 years thing must be a load of old nonsense then. Come to think of it I think I did read it on the website of a company that services and re-gasses so it's hardly surprising.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
ajayp said:
Dam, I have not used it since I bought the car - better start as I don't want any seals to dry up and cause issues :?

I should think around once a week should be enough to keep the system conditioned. Just make sure you're getting really cold air after it's been on for a few minutes which would indicate everything is AOK.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I use it all the time - i thought that was the point of climate control vs air con....

Set a temp then it decides how fast or hard to blow :roll:

I remember reading i think in the KB or sales info that the TTS automatically diverts power away from the AC when you putting your foot down for acceleration hard - don't know how true this is?

Bit like mag ride question - should you leave it on most of the time.... [smiley=bomb.gif]

all these choices..... [smiley=bigcry.gif]

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
igotone said:
ajayp said:

I should think around once a week should be enough to keep the system conditioned. Just make sure you're getting really cold air after it's been on for a few minutes which would indicate everything is AOK.
Thanks igotone!

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
digital_dreamer said:
I remember reading i think in the KB or sales info that the TTS automatically diverts power away from the AC when you putting your foot down for acceleration hard - don't know how true this is?
I'm pretty sure that's right actually. Using the air con will make a slight difference to performance and fuel consumption.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
igotone said:
digital_dreamer said:
I'm pretty sure that's right actually. Using the air con will make a slight difference to performance and fuel consumption.
Yup - it says that in the manual.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts