Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gudAm guys,

I wld like to ask for your recommendation for the above if U can assist. I hv read and check ard for few brands and could not make a decision. Yr input will help. My car was APR map @ Stage 1 and I m quite happy with its performance except for some jerking effect which happens during gear shift. Hope to hear fr U guys and many thks.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
an ECU stage 1 remap should not affect dramatically the gearbox functionality, however remapping the TCU too might help to solve the issue.
Regarding the topic title, it's plenty of intake systems on the market for EA 888, just take a look and decide which to go for

·
Registered
Audi TT 2015
19 Posts
I have fitted Racing Line R600 Intake with Cotton Filter, one of the best options around for under 500€. You should also consider getting a new Hose, from Intake to Turbo, to replace the stock one and change the Turbo Elbow to get better flow. I have used Hose and Elbow from HG MotorSport. You can fit all of them easily...

Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Rectangle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Gun accessory Gun barrel Cylinder Personal protective equipment Rim
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Font Fashion accessory

·
Registered
3 Posts
gudAm guys,

I wld like to ask for your recommendation for the above if U can assist. I hv read and check ard for few brands and could not make a decision. Yr input will help. My car was APR map @ Stage 1 and I m quite happy with its performance except for some jerking effect which happens during gear shift. Hope to hear fr U guys and many thks.
Hi BH,
I'm also planning to replace the intake for my TTS.
it'll be between R600 or APR.

(i'm from Msia too. 😉)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have fitted Racing Line R600 Intake with Cotton Filter, one of the best options around for under 500€. You should also consider getting a new Hose, from Intake to Turbo, to replace the stock one and change the Turbo Elbow to get better flow. I have used Hose and Elbow from HG MotorSport. You can fit all of them easily...

View attachment 488141 View attachment 488144
View attachment 488142 View attachment 488143
Hi there,

Thks for your recommendation. Since there is a fellow Msian into the same subject V will explore the offers that U recommended! Gud day:love:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
an ECU stage 1 remap should not affect dramatically the gearbox functionality, however remapping the TCU too might help to solve the issue.
Regarding the topic title, it's plenty of intake systems on the market for EA 888, just take a look and decide which to go for
helo Kevin,

Many thks for your kind advise again. Tat slight jerk that I experienced after d mapping wasn't a clutch slip after all.. APR guys were asking me to send in my car for a calibration of the GB and I really need time to do so. Meanwhile for the air intake, since there are so many brands out there, will just hv to select one based on the recommendation here! Tq so much

·
Registered
8 Posts
This person has done a lot of quantitative testing on all sorts of airflow options for the entire intake tract. It's a GTI Mk7, but still a MQB platform and the components are the same (TT/TTS, not sure on the TTRS, different motor so I'd think different components to some degree). I went with a block off plate, remove the snow grate and high quality AFE air filter . That is about 80% of the gains at a fraction of the price. I don't have numbers, but his site does. Check out the menu items under testing for all the tests he's done. aFe Magnum Flow Pro Dry S Air Filter for Mk7 GTI | My Golf Mk7

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This person has done a lot of quantitative testing on all sorts of airflow options for the entire intake tract. It's a GTI Mk7, but still a MQB platform and the components are the same (TT/TTS, not sure on the TTRS, different motor so I'd think different components to some degree). I went with a block off plate, remove the snow grate and high quality AFE air filter . That is about 80% of the gains at a fraction of the price. I don't have numbers, but his site does. Check out the menu items under testing for all the tests he's done. aFe Magnum Flow Pro Dry S Air Filter for Mk7 GTI | My Golf Mk7
TQ so much for your willingness to share! Dis are great info b4 deciding! cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts