Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, this subject probly has been disscused loads but havent rely found anything.

i want to put a air ride system on my tt but the only kits i can find are either for other audi's and all front wheel drive. does anyone know of a kit that would fit a quattro, and roughly a price? perfer to have a 4 way system but at the moment not to fussed. im just destorying my under side of the car on the coilover where i live.

hope someone can help and i dont look to much like a numpty.

cheers guys

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that site is geat, so thanks, but some further help if possibe. what is the best set up to have. and the difference between the manual controler and the others. finaly, any off the tt guys up for giving me a hand fitting it if i find the right kit?

·
Registered
276 Posts
There is a couple of guys on here who would be able to help you further Im sure, I have no experience with air atall, where are you based?

Im sure a company like Havair or even Air Lift themselves could answer these questions for you :)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
There is so many different options you can go for to suit your budget and needs. there is no limit on the amount you can spend. mate of mine spend the guts of 3k on his golf air kit, Though his is all automatic, he starts the car pushes one button each corner raises to a preset height, and any bumps ramps or anything the car adjusts its self automatically to suit! Any excess weight added that would weight the car down more, again the suspension will put more pressure in automatically to make it sit level again. Were as you could spend just over a grand and have it all manual, 2 switch or 4 switch (depending on weither you have 2 way or 4 way) and adjust the height your self as and when you need to.

Give Luke at Plush Automotive a shout! They are Airlift suppliers and fitters, Also Havair that sierra is selling from his atmm, and Rayvern Hydaulics. Any of them will be able to talk you threw options avaiable and what you require/recommend. ill hopefully have my air kit by the weekend :D

·
Registered
6,291 Posts
Jamesc said:
There is so many different options you can go for to suit your budget and needs. there is no limit on the amount you can spend. mate of mine spend the guts of 3k on his golf air kit, Though his is all automatic, he starts the car pushes one button each corner raises to a preset height, and any bumps ramps or anything the car adjusts its self automatically to suit! Any excess weight added that would weight the car down more, again the suspension will put more pressure in automatically to make it sit level again. Were as you could spend just over a grand and have it all manual, 2 switch or 4 switch (depending on weither you have 2 way or 4 way) and adjust the height your self as and when you need to.

Give Luke at Plush Automotive a shout! They are Airlift suppliers and fitters, Also Havair that sierra is selling from his atmm, and Rayvern Hydaulics. Any of them will be able to talk you threw options avaiable and what you require/recommend. ill hopefully have my air kit by the weekend :D
Make sure you get LOTS of pics mate. Be good to see some more English bagged TT's

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Will do, Be LOADS of pics of the car lol, wasn't gona bother but managed to pick up a kit for a bargain price and though i might as well. And after working a few cars with air and hydraulics it be nice to actually own one with some fitted :lol:

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
HPS I have still yet to fit to my car (it is in the hall so I walk past it every day but still haven't had the time)

This is specifically made for the MK4 Quattro chassis and is at the upper end of the market. I have also have a Digital Dakota control system to fit.

http://www.hps-airride.com/

·
Registered
730 Posts
And I would avoid Havair, complte crap in my eyes ,

I take it your talking from personal experience cause if not that statement can't be justified.
I've had my kit from Havair on my car for a very long time and not had a problem, the bags are Firestone bags with gaz struts which in my opinion ride very well.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Hark

I guess that is why I have been reluctant to put it on yet as I don't really know. I have specifically got HPS as it works for track cars, BUT as I don't know anyone who has fitted it then I will only know when it is on the car.

I actually like the coilies I have on but would really like the hight adjustment. From speaking to people who install air ride they suggested that I don't make it individual wheel adjustable and make the rear fix together and front fixed together. They say that way on a track it won't suffer trying to compensate for extreme pressures and will keep the car flat.

The theory of that sounds like it would be really good on the track but then I won't know until I am hopefully not rolling around somewhere into a hedge.

For now I am just looking at the kit and when I get more time I will fit it. Doing some other bits on the car at the moment so will get there eventually.

Frase

1 - 17 of 17 Posts