Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

An Audi mechanic just told me that if you get a new airbag it's serial number has to match the chassis number of the car it's going onto or it won't work. Does anyone know where I can find out what serial number(s) of airbags I need for my 2000 TT?

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
I'd be surprised... more likely it has to be a like for like replacement...the part # of the new part must be identical to the old part as the igniter circuit determines the speed of inflation.

The passenger side airbag is listed as part # 8L0880202E for all models 1999-2006 - the 8L0 indicates its a common part as fitted to A3 as well (TT specific would start 8Nx)

Steering wheel airbag is different, there are several units listed for different versions of the steering wheel

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate. I wrote that badly. I meant the airbags had to be compatible with my specific car serial number rather than the same as it. I'll get the old ones out and check them and go from there.

Cheers,

Phil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.