Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken the car in for the MOT, had to get rear pads and disks fitted, and the airbag light was on so got him to run a scan and see what was up. It has come back as being a faulty airbag ECU, has anyone any idea how much these cost to have replaced? And know of anyone in the sussex area other than Audi who do them?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello mate, we've tried that, won't have it, it looks like the ecu is fcked. [smiley=bigcry.gif] Goodbye holiday, hello ridiculously big bill for equally tiny bleedin part!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
oceans7 said:
Hello mate, we've tried that, won't have it, it looks like the ecu is fcked. [smiley=bigcry.gif] Goodbye holiday, hello ridiculously big bill for equally tiny bleedin part!!!
If you don't go for the order with Audi (I believe about £900) you can get the part for around £100 off ebay.

Depending on the part number you have, not many turn up (like the one i'm trying to source).

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JESUS HOLY CHRIST £900. Somebody pull my pants back up please. How do i go about finding the part number for the airbag ecu? Coz I ai'nt paying that!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nilrem said:
oceans7 said:
JESUS HOLY CHRIST £900. Somebody pull my pants back up please. How do i go about finding the part number for the airbag ecu? Coz I ai'nt paying that!
if you scan the airbag module with vcds it will give u the part number
Thanks for that. Going to source one off ebay and get my mate to fit it at his garage. Thanks for the answers peeps. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
....I've now got that airbag light as well, but with a twist: dealer says he can't reset it. Can't even access the module as it's 'frozen' or hung, and can't communicate with it at all.

Is there any way to hard-reset it or somesuch, to see if I can then at least try and reset it via OBD port/etc ?

Failing that, it looks like another trip to the dealers....I mean, eBay........ :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts