Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a return hose to the bottom of the bottle.
It passes over the alternator/steering pump/AC pump bracket and is retained by a clamp that bolts to the belt tensioner.
I had this all off recently to replace timing belt, water pump etc. I am not convinced that this bracket is back where it should be. It just does not look quite right.
Can someone with an AJQ take a similar photo for me; or someone with knowledge confirm if that is correctly mounted ?
It is the metal bracket with a currently slightly deformed hose passing through it.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle Rim

I r
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Vehicle Rim

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The hose is part number 06A121069C. Sadly, this part became obsolete on october 2021 and is no longer availabke from any VAG dealer :-(

You can see how mine has gone soft, rather than clip into the bracket, it happily flops into the bracket opening. I suspect that it will shortly give out.
Does anyone know a likely EU or UK source for a replacement? Forge do a 7 piece hose kit but this part only fits a few motirs, I beleive. I don't want ro shell out for a complete kit to find it does not include the one part that is pressing ;-)

·
Registered
2000 8N3 AJQ quattro
231 Posts
Alvadi.ee says they can source it on their website.

Spareto.com also.

Contact them, they usually can source nla parts, as they serve baltics and cars there tend to be old.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alvadi.ee says they can source it on their website.

Spareto.com also.

Contact them, they usually can source nla parts, as they serve baltics and cars there tend to be old.
Thank you gedu for taking the to look for me.
Sadly, alvadi do not list it anymore today, and spareto say that they will have it in 28 days. To me, that says that they do not have it and will order it. Only at that point in time will they find out that it is no longer available :-(

I prefer to only deal with someone that actually has the part in hand. The modern JIT supply system does not favour parts being obsoleted.

The early TT models are now sufficiently old that Audi no longer has to provide spare parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts