Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only people who have definitive answer need reply :roll:

If you remove the siren unit, does your door lock become inoperable if you attempt to lock / unlock the car manually with the key..

Earlier I wanted to code a key, but found the car would not lock or unlock with the blade in the drivers door lock... I have the siren unit removed in preparation for a new unit.

Many Thanks

GG

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,337 Posts
Hi GG, 25 views & only 1 answer.
Without removing my siren, I can't give a definitive answer, but I would suspect it shouldn't cause a prob using key manually.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
Because I'm a nice person I will go out and do it in a while just to confirm for my ol mucker Gibbo.

I will be using the passenger key though because my drivers is blanked off.

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
OK Gibbo because I'm a good person I've been outside, took my siren off (god it's tiny) and yes I can still lock and unlock with the blade.

You need very small hands not to have to take the rear light cluster out.

Hope this helps mate although I suspect it doesn't.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,337 Posts
Hi James, Must agree you are such a Good Person. :p 8) Dedication is the name of the game. 8)
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
James.. your such a gent.... many thanks for checking that ( I owe you one)... vagcom time / door card off time for me it seems..

1ttt I havent got round to it yet- although I called the Audi parts dept up on Friday re the part number you ( correctly) supplied.. It is £53...

Hoggy- what component in the drivers locking mechanism would prevent the manual turning of the key to engage the central locking?

thanks all!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
There is a bit of adjustment in the armature at the end of the strut mate . You may be able (depending what is up with them)
Adjust it . When I took my seats apart had to do I'm as it wasn't staying in place and managed to adjust it so it worked correctly . It was my own fault as when I took it apart I broke the cable holder and had to machine a new one and when I put it back together did adjust it properly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts