Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
my alarm has been going off randomly for the last 2 days so I thought I would Have a quick look at the how to in the forum,after a quick trip to maplins and as per the how to write up its all sorted now, one of the batteries had started to leak and corrode the circuit board terminals so it was starting to fail hence the random alarm,

So apart from my nieghbour I'm a chuffed teddy as well :p

So cheers John H for taking the time to do a how to :p

All the best

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Yup did mine last week as well, I spent ages trying to solder the batteries I got from RS, I gave up in the end and got some Maplins ones... Sorted, let RS know there was a problem and they checked and found they were a faulty batch so withdrew the lot and refunded me... Kudos to them, they were getting new stock in.. I thought I was going nuts lol, I solder all the time at work, but not those puppies :p

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep no soldering required,I just folded the pins underneath to make the contact,popped them into the original battery partions although they are a slightly different shape and slightly higher and then taped it back together again,

Job done :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.