Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i noticed the alarm siren wasn't working on my 225 roadster, so i went to the access panel in the boot took out the left rear light cluster and the siren had been removed, so all i had was the lead, i just bought a 2nd hand siren from ebay as it was in tested full working order, plugged it in, but still no sound the car arms and disarms and i set it off by being inside and all i get is the flashing lights does the alarm have its own fuse or is it off of the central locking??????? any info would be much appreciated as always thanks kev ps can the sirens be tested via a 12 volt of off the car???????? in case ive been sold a dud.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,371 Posts
Hi Kev, How long has it been connected, usually they take a while for the batteries to recharge.
Fuse 38 is for alarm "horn" for USA, ("Bentley" manual) which is a different system to UK TTs, but may use the same fuse.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks hoggy does the car need to be running for the batteries to charge???????? tried to contact you as a mod but no option on your page is it because im new??????? ps can the siren be tested off of the car or is it just run off of the batteries thanks kev

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,371 Posts
Hi Kev, As it uses the canbus system, I believe it can only be tested on the car..
The US TT uses a alarm horn under the bonnet rather than the siren in boot, so I thought the fuse may not be there.
It will charge itself from main battery without engine running, but could take a good 16 hours.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks ive left it plugged in, hopefully it will come to life tomorrow when im at work, as when i bought it it came with half the lead attached and could have been off of the car a while, thanks again for the help kev.

·
Administrator
95,371 Posts
GunnerGibson said:
come on Hoggy... get that part number! :lol:
Hi GG, May be able to get it tomorrow.
This is the number of the original 2001 siren with molded in 10mm bolt, which I believe you have. 8LO951605..
Perhaps Kev has a newer one with 12mm bolt & knows the part No.

·
Administrator
95,371 Posts
kutakev said:
thats the same siren part number as the one i have.
Thanks Kev. Does your have a 10mm or 12mm bolt ?

Hi GG, It appears the the updated alarm 8LO951605A the only difference is the "A"
Also another which looks the same, but I think is a VW part..1J0 951 605A

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Hoggy, i used a 10mm ring spanner to take the nut off, the thread size is 6mm which is moulded into the back of the siren which goes through a hole in the bracket and then tightens with the nut, hope this helps, kev

·
Administrator
95,371 Posts
Hi Kev, Thats the "old" siren then, same as my 2001 TT. Newer one has a bigger bolt that's not molded & can be slid out & replaced with a smaller bolt or drill out the bracket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts