Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time . . . .

I got a siren going off too!

It locks and indicators all flash! wait a min then the alarm goes off!

for no reason!

Any ideas on this one ?

Read through the other topics but couldnt really find anything helpful. ..

any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yeah, the alarm does go off, when the battery is going flat. If you havent done so allready, give it a little run on the motorway with everything switched off. If not, I think there is a guide to swapping a battery on the forum somewhere.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not really separate, but if for instance you cut the battery leads the alarm should go off!

The same if you just disconnect the battery to change it for a new one.

The alarm senses the battery volttage and when it falls outside set limits the alarm goes off!

This can be a real pain if you have a flat battery and cant turn the alarm off. ( I had this happen a while back, the alarm was going off constantly as the car battery charged up, it was only when it had been charging for a good while that I could turn the alarm off, luckily the neighbours saw/heard the funny side ...)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My batter isnt flat i dont think dude,

no problems starting everything works!

i will give a quick blast up the m5 on the way home though!

where is the alarm? and does it have its OWN battery?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
the alarm unit has a seperate battery , to change it look for John-h he has an excelent "how to" on his sig strip :wink:

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
failing alarm battery is not going to set the alarm off continuously... low main battery can tho.

If the alarm keeps going of then it thinks something is wrong... could be a dodgy door/bonnet/boot switch contact...

try turning off the interior sensor.. these have a habit of reporting intrusion faultily

You need someoen with VAGCOM to look at the alarm trigger info on the central locking controller - will tell you what set it off... until then the only answer is to unplug the alarm which you can do by reaching through the flap on the LH of the boot... although as suggested its tricky unless you have small hands...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.