Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well i pulled my alarm siren unit out today and opened it up to see if i could do the fix...

Think it would be a slightly better idea to just get a new one, anyone know of the best/cheapest place?

Thanks

·
Registered
16,945 Posts
:eek: that looks a bit manky !

I had to replace one in my last TT. At the time it was a main dealer part only :cry:

Mark

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
conlechi said:
:eek: that looks a bit manky !

I had to replace one in my last TT. At the time it was a main dealer part only :cry:

Mark
lol yeh theres a fair bit of mank there :D

Gazzer said:
charles try vw m8 as its same part without audi price tag :?
thanks for that tip mate! ill give them both a shout tomorrow, im looking about £45 used from the fleabay.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will do mate, wanna get it sorted tomorrow really.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick update,

Audi Bedford - £110 Inclusive

VW Bedford - the bloke in parts was a pile of wink and about as helpful as my alarm siren right now.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Contacted the bloke I got mine from and he has non left in stock. Mine is second hand and I got it for a meat £30! Haha. I have found this one on the bay...I would chuck them an offer of £30 delivered, see what they say! :) (item number 271041540478)
Jack

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
8l0 951 605

apparently the part number is the same for VW but the guy couldnt find th part all though everywhere i have looked its the same number but possibly with an "a" at the end of it.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nothing as of yet mate, ive got this week off and its 2nd on my list of things to do.... i may have to part with £110 for this puppy :?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Where's this unit located? Got some probs with my alarm too, it's not beebing or anything. Not a sound when alarm triggers, just blinks flashing but nothing more :( Could this be reason for this kind of behavior?

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yep, i would put money on it! take out your passenger rear light, 2 little thumb screws, then behind the light is the little alarm siren box, if its not beeping when the alarm goes off if probably looks like mine haha!

£110 please....

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yep thats the one mate, the only thing is i dont want to buy a second hand/used one! all though it might be working now, im sure that one will leak too! the newer ones are a slightly different design and not ment to have battery leaking problems!

·
Registered
196 Posts
True. And with new unit you get also new batteries!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts