Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to kerb one of my alloys t'other day so I sent it off to a company that refurbs alloys, supposed to be very good, apparently!? Anyway got my wheel back and I'm a little suspicious about it, all my other three alloys have a little sort of series of square stamps inside them but the one they've sent back to me has a different set? Is this normal or have they subbed my wheel for a cheepo version? :?
I'd be very grateful for any advice.

TBH other than that it looks the same. :?

PS excuse the sh*tty image, took it with my iPhone, God the camera's crap!!

--

-

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Those are weights....repairing the wheel changes the balance (the bit scrapped off is actually replaced with body filler which does not weigh the same as the original alloy metal), so they needed to re-balanced, the old weights removed and new ones placed.

·
Registered
125 Posts
From that picture, those squares look like the wheel balancing weights to me :?:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i think the picture shows the small lead weights used to balance the wheel.

if they removed the tyre to refurbish the wheel they would have balanced it when it was put back on using a new set of weights.

the marks to look for are the audi part numbers which should be stamped on the wheel.

·
Registered
125 Posts
:lol: I obviously don't type fast enough!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Oh dear, a steep learning curve here I think. :wink:

Do the three wheels all have the same number of "little stamps" as each other.

Best advice is just enjoy and leave the complex technical issues to Rubel.

Phil

smartartkid said:
.... I'm a little suspicious about it, all my other three alloys have a little sort of series of square stamps inside them but the one they've sent back to me has a different set?

--

-

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
philbur said:
Oh dear, a steep learning curve here I think. :wink:

Do the three wheels all have the same number of "little stamps" as each other.

Best advice is just enjoy and leave the complex technical issues to Rubel.

Phil

smartartkid said:
.... I'm a little suspicious about it, all my other three alloys have a little sort of series of square stamps inside them but the one they've sent back to me has a different set?

--

-
Thanks folks, not my area of expertise I'm afraid! :? As for learning curve, erm, I think vertical is more the word! :wink:

So in essence, it's the same whell but with new balances in it?, (erm sorry, on it), wheel even. Bloody hell, I didn't realise I took that big a chunk out of it! LOL

:lol:

Too many Guinesses!!! [smiley=freak.gif]
-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.