Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 5 years on and I've taken the plunge and sold the T Tizzle :(

This forum has been absolutely awesome and I learnt so much about TT's through it. But most importantly, I made some great friends as well - you all know who you are.

I would like to thank anyone who has ever helped me with my posts, and a massive thank you to Wak who responded to every single one of my 1000 queries! Couldn't leave Was out for doing the sickest mod on my car - the quad angels.. which was the biggest head turner ever!

I'll still be roaming around on here so you'll be glad to know that you haven't got rid of me!

The BMW forum just doesn't quite cut the mustard though :(

Good luck to you all.. have posted a few goodies in the for sale section if anyones interested:

All the best

Suraj

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
So long but don't worry you will be back they all come back in the end :p

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Wak - due to severe back problems I had to go Auto - opted for the 320i Sport convertible. Nice looking, fully loaded with all the extras and is £90 cheaper on the old road tax! Thank you again for all your help.

Yellow - I will defo be back with an Audi but unfortunately not a TT.. Thinking an S5 or if life treats me well an R8 :wink:

Ian! Thanks dude! I see from your pic that you changed the rims! Always loved the spray job you had on the old ones but these look awesome!

Take care guys

See you around!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Suraj_TT said:
due to severe back problems I had to go Auto - opted for the 320i Sport
Hi Suraj, been there and back fella so hope your back is not as bad as mine.

After a seriously painful 3 years and finally leading to surgery I had to sell my MK1 225 coupe 4 years ago. I only actually owned it for about 2 years of which I could hardly drove it because I was in too much pain. I met Wak back then who fitted a iPod kit to it. Switched to a BMW 320 M Sport auto but promised I would be back in a TT. 4 Years later this year I bought my MK2 stronic - still can only drive autos now.

You will be back, but till then take care buddy.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Sounds familiar. I had to sell my mk5 GTI due to a dodgy knee. I drive a lot of miles for work and the constant gear changing was taking it's toll. I went for a 330d msport auto, which I later traded in for a 530d msport auto. Mk1's are so cheap now, they can be a viable second car. I found that as long as I do the majority of my miles in the auto, occasional drives in a manual no longer bother my knee :)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Ajay - thank you for your thoughts that's very kind of you.

Gareth I hope the old knees better!

I saw a TTS today and questioned whether I had made the right decision by going for the bimmer!

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Huh bad backs and knees, thats all i need to hear :( off work at the moment with a bad back, been of for weeks and cost me a fortune as im self employed, docs aint got a clue whats wrong, Looking like a disc damaged so waiting to see spine consultant, hope i dont have to sell up :( what back problems have you lot had?? sorry to hijack thread but everyone thinks your pulling the wool where backs are concerned

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
corradoman said:
Huh bad backs and knees, thats all i need to hear :( off work at the moment with a bad back, been of for weeks and cost me a fortune as im self employed, docs aint got a clue whats wrong, Looking like a disc damaged so waiting to see spine consultant, hope i dont have to sell up :( what back problems have you lot had?? sorry to hijack thread but everyone thinks your pulling the wool where backs are concerned
Hi mate

Apologies for the late reply. I've got an L5S1 degenerated disc. Quite common over the age of 40 (when life starts) however I've got it at 28.

I had an epidural (different to the pregnant lady one!) and it's totally cured the shooting pain down my leg (sciatic nerve) and the pain on the left side of the back. Really pleased with the result.

Hope you get better. Backs issues are terrible :(

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
corradoman said:
I hope you're much better now.
I did my back in more than 10 years ago. I had a couple of car crashes and 2 nasty skiing accidents, followed by a pallet truck incident (looks like I'm accident prone!) And I'm not sure which did the most damage :cry:
Sitting hunched over a laptop all day combined with my crap posture and lack of exercise means when I need to do some heavy work, I REALLY suffer. Having a couple of dodgy knees (wore away the cartilage from years of mountain biking) doesn't help.
looking on the bright side, my back's not as bad as my bro's. He had an operation to fix a slipped disc aged 16!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts