Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Audi Neighbours :p

I've had the dreaded 4 beep issue today - seems to be a regular occurence if the car's been left standing (went to Cornwall for the weekend in another motor), as I've done my searching (you'll be pleased to hear) :wink:

Just one question though : I'm presuming this definitely needs replacing, and won't 'get better' now I'm back in the car, driving again. So, I've had a look at John-H's method, and to be honest....I used to get pissed off with airfix kits as THEY were too technical for ME. So, it looks like I'll be more likely to buy the unit.

Oh yeah, I nearly forgot to ask the question (the room I'm in is just painted, and all I can do is sniff the fumes :lol: ) : is it easy enough to simply unplug the unit, and replace with a new one ?

·
Registered
472 Posts
bobdabuilda said:
Yes it is a doddle to unplug and remove if you take the light cluster off. There is no other way unless your hands are the size of a mouse. :p
How much was the new siren Mark?
I paid £80 for mine - i had to enlarge the hole on the bracket for the mounting of the new unit though..

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
How long does the new unit last? I'd like my alarm to work again... as its dead :(

·
Registered
472 Posts
prt225TT said:
How long does the new unit last? I'd like my alarm to work again... as its dead :(
Well mine started beeping last Jan so at least 5 years!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.