Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon fellows forum members.

Thought I'd post a thread to say hi & introduce myself.

Currently without an Audi in my life but after selling my 2004 M3 Vert earlier this year to fund the purchase of a new house I've been driving round in the fiance's clio & a friends 51 plate 1.2 fiesta so I'm jonesing for some thrills behind the wheel again.

I'm hoping that in the next 2 weeks I'll have a mk 1 TT vert & an 2004 upwards A3 diesel.

1 for work & the other for weekends.

I've never owned a TT before so any pointers to look out for would be fantastic.

I've got quite a modest budget for the TT around £3k - £3.5k so I'm obvisously not looking for something with low mileage.

Thanks guys in advance for any help you may be able to provide

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
TTkopkid said:
Afternoon fellows forum members.

Thought I'd post a thread to say hi & introduce myself.

Currently without an Audi in my life but after selling my 2004 M3 Vert earlier this year to fund the purchase of a new house I've been driving round in the fiance's clio & a friends 51 plate 1.2 fiesta so I'm jonesing for some thrills behind the wheel again.

I'm hoping that in the next 2 weeks I'll have a mk 1 TT vert & an 2004 upwards A3 diesel.

1 for work & the other for weekends.

I've never owned a TT before so any pointers to look out for would be fantastic.

I've got quite a modest budget for the TT around £3k - £3.5k so I'm obvisously not looking for something with low mileage.

Thanks guys in advance for any help you may be able to provide
On that budget mate you will get nothing but trouble im sure other forum members will agree and tell you to wait till you can afford a little more otherwise it will cost you triple that trying to sort out the issues you will get with a 3k car.
cheers marc btw welcome to the forum :p

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,347 Posts
Hi TTkopkid, Welcome to the TTF.
Service history is very important. cambelt/water pump every 65k miles or 5 years which ever comes first, dash instruments (dashpod) read correctly, coolant temp reaches 90 within a couple of miles & stays there.
Get written confirmation of cambelt/water pump change or reduce price by £500 & get it replaced ASAP.
3.2 V6 no turbo or cambelt to worry about, so should be more reliable, DSG may be weak link, unless you can find a manual.& a nicer exhaust note.
Don't rush into it. A good TT is a wonderful car, a bad un can be a money pit.
Plenty of good uns out there, but probably more bad uns, so as I said don't rush into it.

Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys.

If I can find one that has been looked after & has a service history is an model around the 100k mileage mark anything to be concerned about or are the TT engines as good as all the other German counterparts & other Audi engines for that matter?

£3k really is my budget as Im looking to spend 7k on an A3 aswell so if I cant get a good one in budget I may end up going back to Bavaria for a Z3 :twisted:

Cheers again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts