Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd take advantage of yesterday's weather for the big spring clean . .

Clean and vaccuum upholstery and carpets - check
Clean all interiror glass and instruments - check
Clean and nourish leather - check
Clean all door and hatch reveals, engine bay - check
Wash and dry car - check
Remove each wheel, clean and wax - check
Clay entire car - check
Rinse and dry - check
Apply Swissvax polish and buff - check
Apply Swissvax Saphir and buff - check
Clean all exterior glass - check
Murder starling that craps on windscreen - check

10 hours later none of my limbs work anymore. Still I found 10p under a seat and the missing allen key in the engine bay !

What I've learned . . .

1) Jac in a Box must be a very fit bloke
2) I've a lot to learn about car valeting
3) £25 car polishers are useless - ended up doing it by hand
4) I'm saving up for Jac next year

Still, not bad for a 100k car !

·
Registered
883 Posts
Credit to ya mate, stand back and admire all your hard work 8) .

By the way do what i do and get a cotton bud in those petrol flap retainers, her indoors thinks i have lost the plot.

Washing the car in JBB and now cotton buds :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
graham225 said:

By the way do what i do and get a cotton bud in those petrol flap retainers, her indoors thinks i have lost the plot.
Graham, you HAVE lost the plot. :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'm loving the colour of your car looks so good when its that clean ,,,,,, well done tho :eek:

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Looks beautiful. Love the colour. 8)
John.

·
4,806 Posts
That looks very, very nice...testament to your obvious hard work :)
If you fancy a career change I'm looking for an apprentice - you'll not need much in the way of training :p

Oh, and me fit? A little perhaps, but extremely knackered. Try doing 1 a day for 12+ days :p

Save your money too - after the first go with the products you've used, each application will simply improve the results :wink:

Dave

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
liffy99 said:
Murder starling that craps on windscreen - check
Did mine as well yesterday (except the honeycomb valance) - bird crap on it this morning. I was once told birds crap over water, and as the car roof is so shiney they think it is water so crap! I thought this was bull sh1t (or should that be bird sh1t?) but as they rarely shat on the car before yesterday I do wonder?

liffy99 said:
Still, not bad for a 100k car !
:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Mate that looks bloody spotless!!!!! Love that colour - it looks like its just been driven out of the showroom!

Now for all your efforts, go and treat yourself - take that 10p and go and buy 10 cola bottles from the sweetshop!

·
Registered
883 Posts
aidb said:
graham225 said:

Graham, you HAVE lost the plot. :lol: :wink:
aidb
I bet you will get the cotton buds out next time :lol: :lol: oh and they must be the 100% cotton variety too, there more absorbent :roll:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, thanks for all the positives ! Yep, next time it'll be ORGANIC cotton buds grown only on the fertile western slopes of the Nile.

But modesty prevails and the camera lies (a bit). Evening light is kinder on the eyes and the photo doesn't show up the minor wheel scuffs and myriad of white spots (I hestitate to call them stone chips they are so small) at the front. Sure a few hundred quid would sort both but I've other things to spend that money on. Maybe I'll settle for some Mintex extremes and spacers next . . .

And sorry about the tyres - I dwell in eternal shame.

Jac (Dave) your offer of an apprenticeship sounds great - I assume the same salary package that Mr Sugar is offering applies :lol:

Must say that during my year of TT ownership its been a hoot. A fun car (even with my 1.91m and 100kg squeezed in) that's really well built, proven totally reliable and is so, well,cute. Great support from the forum / club to boot.

Not really sure where to go next though - on longer trips I miss a bit more comfort and quiet. Perhaps a V6, cheap Boxster or Z4 is the answer. I'd love an RS4 but I doubt a £13k budget would quite stretch . . .

As I have to keep business expense records I've a detailed history of fuel consumption etc. If anyone can tell me how to share an Excel chart I'd be happy to do so. I know the question regulalry comes up.

Cheers

·
Registered
880 Posts
starski4578 said:
Tip top condition [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Where did you get those upgraded wipers?
They are the wiper and arm set from the later model MK1 TT (assuming Steve hasn't changed them since I sold the car to him).
I bought them from the TT shop, I can't remember the price though :roll:

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Suraj_TT said:
Now for all your efforts, go and treat yourself - take that 10p and go and buy 10 cola bottles from the sweetshop!
Chance id be a fine thing, even penny sweets cost 2pee! Grrr :wink:
..................................................................................................

I think a lot of us were outside doinit yesterday :wink: . But mate, 10 hours!

Your either very slow or very thorough, i dont know which. :)

It took me inside and out.......... 4 and a half hours, mind you i have less leather to clean :wink:

Your car defies its age, it looks in very good nick [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.