Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Gauge shows 70 all the time. The 49c check shows whatever the gauge shows so its complementing each other, but thru computer check at worksyop, temp shows 90.
When engine off, at times the fan stays on to cool down engine (although gauge shows 70 all the time)

my fuel consumption seems fine. I get approx 500 kms for a full tank. but at times i feel as if the power is not as ooomph! sometimes ok, i feel the turbo pull, sometimes pull not so great.

so what cud be the problem? is it the thermostat? coolant sensor? or dashpod gauge? The worksyop seem to think its the dashpod gauge faulty.
no fault showing in the computer.

Anyone with same symptoms??? pls help. Im just getting paranoid not nowing the real temp in case of overheating.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else had same issues??? cos the mechanic said that the temperatire reading from the computer showed a constant 90-92 temp.

but how come the needle and the 49c agree? i read somewer that if the needle and 49c agree, then its the thermostat.

???

·
Registered
609 Posts
ruzzman
i have the same thing, but stuck in stationary traffic the needle rises to 90
it doesn't seem to effect my performance or fuel economy
haven't had the car checked at the garage
to be honest i haven't worried about it
i have a big service coming up soon and will get it checked and fixed then
interested to hear if you diagnose the problem and get a solution

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
ruzzwan said:
Anyone else had same issues??? cos the mechanic said that the temperatire reading from the computer showed a constant 90-92 temp.

but how come the needle and the 49c agree? i read somewer that if the needle and 49c agree, then its the thermostat.

???
the temp sensor is the most likely culprit. It has 2 sensors in one unit... one feeds the ECU - thats the reading the diagnostic computer will be reporting on, the other sensor feeds the dashpod.

Now, this is where there are differing opinions - the 49C reading is off a CANBus (car data network) but this isn't the CANBus that links the ECU/ABS/Haldex but the one that links dashpod, aircon, central locking and radio. I beleive the 49C reading is what the dashpod computer reports the gauge is doing NOT what the ECU says. So the 49C and the gauge can agree... and both be wrong compared to the ECU.

I'd change the temp sensor unit...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.