Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?:
Lots of advice on 1.8T exhausts but nothing on its :p bigger brother :p so help. What is out there for the v6 and have you got any sound clips / photos?

I'm concerned about the reputation the blueflame has for a 'boom' at about 2500rpm as my car is a daily driver.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,940 Posts
I have a Miltek on my MK II and it sounds great lovely sound not chav just pure V6
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
I think the problem is inherent with the DSG version of the 3.2 - if you do the 'flapper mod' you will see what I mean!

Have spent ages sound proofing the boot floor, rear panel and under the passenger seat to combat the Miltek drone - have yet to drive the car though :?

Kev
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
KevtoTTy said:
I think the problem is inherent with the DSG version of the 3.2 - if you do the 'flapper mod' you will see what I mean!

Have spent ages sound proofing the boot floor, rear panel and under the passenger seat to combat the Miltek drone - have yet to drive the car though :?

Kev
Hi do you have a link to the said flapper mod???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,977 Posts
peterc said:
KevtoTTy said:
I think the problem is inherent with the DSG version of the 3.2 - if you do the 'flapper mod' you will see what I mean!

Have spent ages sound proofing the boot floor, rear panel and under the passenger seat to combat the Miltek drone - have yet to drive the car though :?

Kev
Hi do you have a link to the said flapper mod???
There you go :wink:

http://www.mindspring.com/~wchou/tt/exflap_mod.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
KevtoTTy said:
peterc said:
KevtoTTy said:
I think the problem is inherent with the DSG version of the 3.2 - if you do the 'flapper mod' you will see what I mean!

Have spent ages sound proofing the boot floor, rear panel and under the passenger seat to combat the Miltek drone - have yet to drive the car though :?

Kev
Hi do you have a link to the said flapper mod???
There you go :wink:

http://www.mindspring.com/~wchou/tt/exflap_mod.html
cheers :) guess what Im doing in the morning :p :p :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
KevtoTTy said:
peterc said:
Would seem that my car has a different type of valve so I need to do some more research I will post a some picures when its done :)
just pull the hose off!
I wanted to be a little more reserved than that however I lost my patience and pop ! no hose :lol:

Anyway hopped in and pointed the car down the road and went for a quick blat :( what a disapointment :( I came home and stalked off to do the washing up :( However I got in the car this morning to go to audi for a free dashpod and what a difference 8) 8) 8) god knows what was wrong sunday night but its sure fixed now :)

Thats just the best Mod ever !!!

Thanks for the tip
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top