Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok cheers :) Na my dad going to help haha

@ corradoman Knocking on start up for 2 - 3 seconds and after a long drive starts to knock :/

Audi said it was the tensioner so instead of an £800 bill from them, £90 for the part and gasket + free labour :)

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
ashmo said:

@ corradoman Knocking on start up for 2 - 3 seconds and after a long drive starts to knock :/

Audi said it was the tensioner so instead of an £800 bill from them, £90 for the part and gasket + free labour :)
Ahh ok ashmo, i take it your going to do the job yourself? Im sure there is a how to knocking about on here somewhere, Cant be that hard

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
ashmo said:

Was this a proper diagnosis or was it "i think it could be the tensioner ? " i thought it
would be more of a rattle then a knock i hope your dad gets those cams back in correct
or you may need some new valves too :wink:

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
TT SMITHY said:
ashmo said:

Was this a proper diagnosis or was it "i think it could be the tensioner ? " i thought it
would be more of a rattle then a knock i hope your dad gets those cams back in correct
or you may need some new valves too :wink:
+1 haha :?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
corradoman said:
I thought there would of been some chain noise thats why i asked, and surely slight loss of power with the vvt not working properly
Hers the thing its best to get a proper diagnosis really you dont really want to
be second guessing chasing your tale replacing parts unnecessarily hopefully
oil pressure was checked , maybe pickup pipe , i replaced my tensioner
i know the VVT tensioners arnt cheap ! lucky mine was non vvt

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Tell me you're not fitting a copy tensioner.. groan..... start saving up for the bill to replace all of the valves etc when the damn thing fails on you, £1500 should do, not saving you much then. Penny pinching on a major part like this is just plain daft, you can do it on other parts where everything expensive is not depending on it, but the engine internals.. [smiley=bomb.gif]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts