Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted or know if you can fit OEM MK3 wheels on a MK2 TT? I'm thinking of getting hold of a set of 8S OEM TTS wheels but haven't seen any pictures of these fitted which I find quite strange. I'd of thought it would be a polpular option to freshen up the look of an 8J TT by now.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Yes they will fit. Mk2 and Mk3 OEM TT wheels have the same offset and bolt pattern. There will, of course, be the same issues if fitting to cars with the bigger brakes but if you have a "base" TT any Mk3 wheel will fit.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts

MK3 forged alloys p/n 8S0-601-025-F on a 2012 Mk2 TTS

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Looking really good FNChaos, a silver TT always looks great!

Op there used to be a user called chaznik who had mk3 rims on his roadster, you may still be able to find his pics on the search function

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, thanks everyone. That's a set of 8S TTS wheels going on my shopping list. Think those s-line wheels look great too, not much difference between those and the TTS/S1/S3 rims. Looking forward to seeing more MK2's with MK3 wheels in the future.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
They look good on yours Bobo, much better than on the mk3 sport, guessing its due to the smaller arch gap on the mk2

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Bit of a thread revival, I've recently picked up a mk2 tts. Looking for wheel options and wondered what the mk3 tts alloys would look like on the mk2. I've been searching and this thread is the only real one I can find yet the pictures are no longer displayed.

Has anyone got an image of a MK2 TTS with these Mk3 wheels

Attachments

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Stevie1982 said:
Bit of a thread revival, I've recently picked up a mk2 tts. Looking for wheel options and wondered what the mk3 tts alloys would look like on the mk2. I've been searching and this thread is the only real one I can find yet the pictures are no longer displayed.

Here is a pic of a MK3 with 5 'Y-spoke' wheels (type shown in your pic) P/N 8S0601025H (8S0-601-025-H)
( Mk2 and Mk3 side profiles aren't that much different so you should get a general idea what it would look like)

Here are the (deleted) pics mentioned above:
Audi-TTS-5.jpg

Audi-TTS-6.jpg

MK3 lightweight forged alloys p/n 8S0-601-025-F

Attachments

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
FNChaos said:
Stevie1982 said:

Here is a pic of a MK3 with 5 'Y-spoke' wheels (type shown in your pic) P/N 8S0601025H (8S0-601-025-H)
( Mk2 and Mk3 side profiles aren't that much different so you should get a general idea what it would look like)

Here are the (deleted) pics mentioned above:
View attachment 1

MK3 lightweight forged alloys p/n 8S0-601-025-F
Thanks for that. Would be good to see the linked wheels on the actual shape, albeit I do agree the mk2 and 3 are very similar. Just not sure the angular shape of the alloys would sit right on the curves of the mk2. With the mk3 there are more lines etc

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Not my car it's another's members deep in the show your mk2 thread.

I had saved them whilst I decided between black or silver splitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Nidana said:
Not my car it's another's members deep in the show your mk2 thread.

I had saved them whilst I decided between black or silver splitter.

Nice one, thank you for that. I take it back, they actually work very well. Updates it especially with the facelift grill.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Yes the owner has a very nice example.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can I revive this and ask if I can fit Mk2 TTS wheels on a Mk3 TTS?

I am looking to have a sent of winter wheels (18" versus the fitted 20").

·
Registered
3.2 V6
4,927 Posts
Yes, as long as you buy the right size for your brake setup

·
Registered
490 Posts
MK3 forged alloys p/n 8S0-601-025-F on a 2012 Mk2 TTS
Wait, those were forged? Had no idea they were! Any other forged Mk3 wheels or were those the only style?

Meh not like I need to think about buying any wheels/tyres anyway though :LOL: Just season now on a new set of summers, plus had the stock wheels powder coated already.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts