Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have you fitted the v maxx coilovers and what did you do with the rear setup? i.e rubber spacers still in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i put mines on today, i removed everything standard and put the plastic plate at the bottom then the spring followed by the silver washer then the adjuster plate.

i tried with the standard top rubber in place then removed it to see if i could go lower but im still not happy with the stance so i am now gonna remove the adjuster plate and just leave the plastic plate and the spring.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine is too high also, was hoping someone has fitted it and was happy, i still have top rubber in,maybe ditching adjuster would be a good idea, should give another 15mm without that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I thought the whole idea of spending £400 odd on a coilover kit was the adjustability factor.Now it seems like we have to start ditching parts to get the desired effect.Mine are being fitted tuesday so thanks to the guys who have fitted theirs and given a heads up. I can now tell the garage to strip this part off ,discard that part and hope for the best.Shame they dont come with definitive fitting instructions.Sounds like I could have saved £300 and fitted some Apex springs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes it looks like pre-facelift height.Mine is pre facelift and i am hoping for a 40mm drop.If not I will be well peeved

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will post some more pics tomorrow with the rubber and adjuster removed, should be a heads up for everyone who has bought the v maxx kit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice one mate thanks

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
ShaunTT said:
if you had bought springs you wouldnt have got the desired height at the front or the improved handling, gotta look on the bright side....its money well spent.
Dont know where you get this from mate the springs lower the front too and are just as low as the height of the front in those pics

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
SteviedTT said:
I fitted mine last week, the backs do settle a bit and I'm more than happy with my ride height now :p
Stevie;

That was without the Audi rubber disc but with the V-maxx plastic seat and the metal adjuster assembly and washer left in?

Cheers,
kev

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
SteviedTT said:
That's right mate, no top rubber disc. But with VMaxx plastic plate and adjuster screwed right down.
Thanks; any chance of a few pics when you get a moment?

Cheers,
Kev

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
removed the top mount rubber, cant see i could remove anything else as spring would not fit securely if adjuster was taken out.

looks like this

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I have read quite a few comments in the past about the lack of adjustability on the rear of various coilover brands :-(

I think people have removed locators etc without any problems, can you cut a bit off the top of the section located at the top of the spring?

That looks like it sits higher than my TTR and that is just on standard facelift springs (but not for long :)

Charlie

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dont know wether i could take the adjuster ring off? if i do then the top will be a little loose.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
doober said:
dont know wether i could take the adjuster ring off? if i do then the top will be a little loose.
You should be able to remove the piece that winds up and down and leave just the base of the adjuster in to locate the spring in the top mount.

I would leave in that large diameter washer too as it will reduce any wear ton the mount. It's only thin so will not make any difference.

In that photo, it looks like you have left in the Audi rubber/metal plate at the bottom of the spring?

Did you leave out the plastic spring locator/seat that came in the kit?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hi kentish, the bottom rubber is still in, the black plastic seat that comes with the kit fits snugly over the top of it.i could have taken the adjuster out, but did not want to lose the snug fit between that and the spring, did not know if that would cause any problems,also left top rubber out. i think the height is about right now, but of course some people are going to want to go a lot lower, dont think this kit will allow it though.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.