Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello peeps,

I had some work done to my car & the guy ran a diagnostic check for me & it pulled up a fault with the "s contact" in my ignition switch. My ignition has been fine & I've never had a prob with it. Can anyone shed any light to what this could be?

Many thanks :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
If the S-Contact fuse has been pulled in the past then this will generate a fault code within VAG-COM. If your dashpod etc is working fine id clear the fault and check ina few days. If it doesnt re-appear it's more than likely because the fuse has been pulled in the past.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
The S-Contact on the ignition key feeds the dashpod (circuit 86s) and the central locking, both via S10 (post 11.2001) or S37 (pre-11.2001). It is primarily there to allow these systems to know when the key is in the ignition independently of any other circuit. Circuit 86s has been used by many to power devices that come on with the ignition although that isn't the right circuit to use as it can compromise the security system. If circuit 15 is powered up but not circuit 86s then this fault is registered...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah ok thanks for that pal. I think he would have cleared the fault, I'll get him to check it again when I take it back in a few weeks.

But I'm thinking is it anything to be worried about? I mean its a fault with the ignition, so is there a chance that one day my car may just not start?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Chip_iTT, yea the guy did say something about if my stereo works when the key is in the ignition (which it does). Like I said everything functions fine :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.