Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My engine management system warning light has just come on and the dealers are intending to charge me £82 per hour diagnostics. The light is now off but I've been advised to get a vagcom check done.

Is there any helpful TT owners prepared to help out for less than the dealers are charging?

I live in FIFE but obviously I'm prepared to bring my car to a convenient location.

Many thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
439 Posts
The best idea is to get yourself a cable and give it a check yourself, then start playing about with control codes etc etc etc :)

The dont cost much off ebay.

If your really stuck I've got a full (albeit older) version and an ebay cable, I'm in Edinburgh.

Ross.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
slg said:
A whole minute quicker...like buses, no one answers for a while and then two come along at once! How are you & Evelyn these days?
we are fine mate how's the tribe!! :lol: the kid's are bound to be working by now :wink: you still trying to play golf :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
freegeek said:
trev said:
Hi andrew
Try freegeek he is in crossford he has vag com, if that fails will try Brian at starperformance and see if he can help you out
Guys, I moved to Liggars place on Tuesday.
hi jim
you won the lotto, :lol: whens the house warming this weekend :wink:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Things are hectic, trying to launch the business, moving house, going on holiday on Saturday with 7 kids, and been out the country for 8 weeks so for this year. Mind you the last trip was for a week to Hawaii, so can't complain too much. :)

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
trev said:
freegeek said:
trev said:
Hi andrew
Try freegeek he is in crossford he has vag com, if that fails will try Brian at starperformance and see if he can help you out
Guys, I moved to Liggars place on Tuesday.
hi jim
you won the lotto, :lol: whens the house warming this weekend :wink:
liggers place is that on the limekilns rd :?:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi,

Still not entirely sure. See my post at the bottom of the main page (I think it's still there) regarding the engine management system light. Feel free to throw in your opinion! :)

EDIT: Think it's dropped off the front page now. :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.