Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post and have just got new audi tt today. Very pleased with it however have noticed that when started from cold the temp sits at around 60c? then seems to opperate at 110c no higher no lower. I am aware that it should run at 90c. Is this a problem to be concered about as it just seems like the pin is missalinged? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Kane

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Hi Kane welcome to the forum.

When you say "when started from cold the temp sits at around 60c?" for how long after you have started it does it stay at 60c before it progresses to 110c?

The running cold could be a sign of the thermostat sticking/failing - it is very common and not an expensive part to buy, it is quite tricky to replace so best left to a pro unless you have a reasonable aptitude - there is a how to? guide on http://www.wak-tt.com that some on here have used with success.

The running hot could be a case of the water pump impeller blades crumbling (common) and losing efficiency - has the car had a cambelt/tensioners/waterpump change at all?

Or all of the issues could be caused by a faulty temp sender, which again is quite a common problem. I hope it is the temp sender as that is relatively easy to fix.

Or could be a dashpod issue :-( do a search on +dashpod and you will get all sorts of info.

If you post where you are based I expect someone will be able to suggest a trustworthy garage to use to assess the issue.

I hope this helps

Charlie

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
kanemartin101 said:
Is this major what problems could this cause?
I think BBA remain do a repair of your old unit for £200. Its apparently a really common issue on this forum. Audi use to do free replacements if you had a full Audi history

Shak

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not long before it moves off 60c mate almost like it starts from there and not 0c and then moves up to operating temperature in normal time but this seems to go up to 110c not 90c. Will this cause my car any problems or will it be ok and just the needles that are out mate?

·
Registered
173 Posts
i have this same problem,exactly the same,i think its to do with faulty dash as i have replaced both water pump and thermostat,

my liquid tt shows all temps are running correctly so guess it can only be dash

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
97,162 Posts
Hi kanemartin, If its starting off at 60, Sounds like faulty dashpod to me, the only prob is you wont know if its running too cold or too hot. £880 fix from Audi or £200 from others,as suggested.
Its possible that fuel gauge will start to play up as well.. Use this link below to find out what your temps actually are, as it still could be a sensor.
Hoggy. :D
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/audi- ... /302016129

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.