Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
APR have released their stage 2 figures, alot of people used to think there would be no gains to be had with stage 2 but atleast now we know there is.

430HP 464LBFT of torque. With intake and a intercooler I reckon that would be bumped up by another 15hp atleast!

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Pov, I wish you would listen to me buddy, as I hate to say, I told you so. 1st about the high boost, high EGT maps and then 2nd about the S1vs S2 figures :wink:

I have it well documented in my thread that the primary cat removal is worth around 15hp peak. I proved it on my 1st TTRS and then I proved it again on my 2nd TTRS with S1 vs S2 dyno sheets all in my thread. I also improved on my S1 1/4m time of 11.6 down to S2 1/4m time of 11.3. Improvements in 0-100, 30-130 etc too, that primary cat is a bitch.

Maps are showing very similar characteristics, figures too but APR are about a year behind mate, MRC had this cracked a year or so ago, so this is very old news :wink:

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, I always said there was a gain on stage 2, I proved that by kicking David's arse with a passenger.

I dont think I've seen your s2 dyno sheet, what power was the car making?

My car saw a 12hp gain from the forge intercooler alone I'd love to see a stage 2 car dynoed with full bolt ons

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have been thinking of doing the exhaust, induction and FMIC for a while now. Spoke to MRC and he seemed sure the car would be good for 440-460bhp which is some pretty decent gains - I am 413bhp on a stage 1.

I only really want to change the exhaust to give me the power so the cheaper option seems like a full de cat. For those of you who have done this does the car just sound like a 2nd miltek decat with sport button on but all the time?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
460hp is impossible on a stock turbo.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
SuperRS said:
Hey, I always said there was a gain on stage 2, I proved that by kicking David's arse with a passenger.

My car saw a 12hp gain from the forge intercooler alone I'd love to see a stage 2 car dynoed with full bolt ons
are in dream land ?

you could NOT get past my car if I hit the throttle 1st !!! FACT
Like wise I could not get past you if you hit it 1st

and the main point sean kept up with both of us with NO mods bar a remap.

and all the Vbox tests of your car were slower than mine when done at the same time. (in the early days)
seems you are scared of posting any new vbox figures, or is it your car is always in bits :?

added to which you still have no 30-130 time and all the TTRS boys backed out the last event lol.

we all know the performace is cat related if you call a stage 1 car with no cats a stage 2 then yes stage 2 is faster.

as for getting 445Bhp with a cooler and ITG lol

APR are already listing a stock car on us grade 93 ron fuel at 375BHp so that's a nice dyno to be tested on :p

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
SuperRS said:

My chart shows 433ps which is 427bhp :)

Yeah full S2 including cooler and intake should be good for 435-440hp I would say, add on WMI, perhaps hit that 450 mark. I'd rather talk down the figures than talk them up, always quote 420-425hp when anyone asks how much my car has.TTRS at that level though performs like any other 500hp car due to the wide power/torque band.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
jbomb said:
440 must be fairly achievable based on the graph above?
With all the bolt ons, you're probably right, some would disagree but imo the stock TTRS hardware is actually quite good. Take the cats out of the exhaust system will give you the bulk of S2 power. You'll see gains with cooler and intake but they may not be peak gains, 410+15+15+10 doesnt neccesarily mean 450bhp.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mrdemon said:
SuperRS said:

are in dream land ?

you could NOT get past my car if I hit the throttle 1st !!! FACT
Like wise I could not get past you if you hit it 1st

and the main point sean kept up with both of us with NO mods bar a remap.

and all the Vbox tests of your car were slower than mine when done at the same time. (in the early days)
seems you are scared of posting any new vbox figures, or is it your car is always in bits :?

added to which you still have no 30-130 time and all the TTRS boys backed out the last event lol.

we all know the performace is cat related if you call a stage 1 car with no cats a stage 2 then yes stage 2 is faster.

as for getting 445Bhp with a cooler and ITG lol

APR are already listing a stock car on us grade 93 ron fuel at 375BHp so that's a nice dyno to be tested on :p
But you did hit the throttle first, then I came from behind to reel you in and overtake you with a passenger.

Dont forget my Stage 2 revo car dynoed 400hp twice, then got the APR Beta map, which was proved to be quicker with the v-box, dynoed it again, same dyno and voila 430hp 450lbft. And that was on the unfinished development map. APR told me there was still a bit left yet to squeeze out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.