Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! new to the forum, though i'd post up a link to my mk2 TTS build on youtube!!

Let me know what you guys think! Hate it? Love it? What should be my next mod?!?!?! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Looks great, and 420 power must feel immense!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ab54666 said:
Gobs of power. Impressive what the CDMA Engine can take, even at 100k miles on the clock! :eek: Once i shell over the $$$ for the 100 and 104 octane files we will see what the weakest link is!

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
TTE420 said:
ab54666 said:
Gobs of power. Impressive what the CDMA Engine can take, even at 100k miles on the clock! :eek: Once i shell over the $$$ for the 100 and 104 octane files we will see what the weakest link is!
What are the exact mod's you've done to achieve those numbers?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ab54666 said:
What are the exact mod's you've done to achieve those numbers?
  • TTE420 turbo with apr wastegate
    Runner Flap Delete
    snow performance stage 2 methanol injection (10 GPH nozzle)
    Forge CF intake
    Turbosmart recirc valve
    chinese turbo muffler delete
    CTS Turbo throttle pipe (For methanol bung)
    APR intercooler
    Torqbyte fuel pump control module
    TTRS fuel pump
    155 bar FPRV
    APR cast downpipe w/ test pipe
    Scorpion catback
    APR HPFP
    R8 coils
    APR TTE420 Software
    APR DSG Software
    Upgraded high pressure fuel sensor (Orange reads up to 200 BAR, black only reads up to 140 BAR fuel pressure)
    I'm probably forgetting something, but thats the basic powerpack to get to roughly 400 awhp/awtq

This setup peaks 38 PSI (2.67 bar) of boost and 150 BAR of fuel pressure consistently. Boost at redline tapers down to 1.9 BAR

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Very impressive nice to see another high powered TTS don't see many at this power often 8) would love to put meth on mine :D

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Been watching your build videos your lucky you live so close to Mexico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
490 Posts
Very nice! Stock internals too eh? Kind of pushing it there IMO, but seems like holding up quite well for you so far :)

Any reason you went with a TTE420 instead of the GTX2867? I think they both lose low end output (below 3000) compared to the K04 though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TT'sRevenge said:
Very nice! Stock internals too eh? Kind of pushing it there IMO, but seems like holding up quite well for you so far :)

Any reason you went with a TTE420 instead of the GTX2867? I think they both lose low end output (below 3000) compared to the K04 though.
Biggest reason was price, TTE Global had a helluva deal going on when I purchased the TTE420. Factor that cost in with selling my stock K04 and the pot was sweet. Power figures are very similar, where the GTX may have the upper hand in allowing more headroom for future upgrades such as a built motor. But at that point you'd be sinking money in to bigger injectors, and possibly even adding auxiliary fueling above methanol injection.

I've been on this turbo and tune for over 6 months now with no issues and probably close to 5k miles. Stock internals and just over 100k total miles. My TT may be an exception though, the car has been meticulously maintained since it was new and i have a paper trail to prove it. I cant say this setup would fair long on a lesser maintained vehicle as the torque is immense, especially so when launching. APR has done a fantastic job controlling the boost and timing at launch to minimize the chance of bending of the poor EA113 rods. Time will tell exactly just how reliable this is as far as the average driver is concerned. Now if i was taking this to the track and beating the heck out of it every weekend that'd be a different story. This is NOT a track oriented build. I simply enjoy modifying my vehicles for the fun! i'm sure many people would be in the same boat.

·
Registered
2008 TTS
1,305 Posts
Be interested to see what this actually makes & what times this runs 0-60mph and 100-200kmph on a dragy 8)

FYI the rods in a CDL TFSI aren't exactly poor :wink: Boost/fuel will kill the pistons in these before the rods, couple of big turbo stock CDL's running around with 450+ftlbs just with tappered boost map to keep them happy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Barr_end said:
Be interested to see what this actually makes & what times this runs 0-60mph and 100-200kmph on a dragy 8)

FYI the rods in a CDL TFSI aren't exactly poor :wink: Boost/fuel will kill the pistons in these before the rods, couple of big turbo stock CDL's running around with 450+ftlbs just with tappered boost map to keep them happy.
I don't have a dragy...yet but I will soon now! I'll update this thread with real world times as soon as I can

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rectangle Azure Font Parallel Screenshot

Here's a dragy I had my lady and a her (bigger :ROFLMAO:) friend do in the car since I'm not home much. Looks like they were on a bit of an incline but still pretty good numbers. I'll get a proper flat road test to 1/4 mile and beyond when I have time. Just wanted to update the thread for those wondering :)

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
3.8s subtracting the rollout is pretty good. 0-60 not really the greatest metric though, would be interested in the quarter mile times though with the speed you may want to save that kind of action for the strip or at least somewhere you can get away with it lol.

I'm guessing low 12s, maybe high 11s? :D Did you have a tune on the car when it was stock turbo (K04)?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
3.8s subtracting the rollout is pretty good. 0-60 not really the greatest metric though, would be interested in the quarter mile times though with the speed you may want to save that kind of action for the strip or at least somewhere you can get away with it lol.

I'm guessing low 12s, maybe high 11s? :D Did you have a tune on the car when it was stock turbo (K04)?
yes i was stage 2+ on the k04. Bear in mind my wife and her friend were driving since i'm not home but the dragy came in and i wanted some numbers myself. Whenever i get home (who fkin knows when) i'll do a flat road 1/4 and post the results here. On the list next is figuring out how to improve traction in 1st gear. wifey said first was gone in an instant.

·
Registered
2008 TTS
1,305 Posts
As stated - be interesting when you can do this yourself and throw a 100-200km in there as well as that 1/4 mile
I will predict that it will be different when you can yourself as for DSG and even with the slope - I'd expect more from it
DSG and your power I'd be expecting you be mid to low 11's on the quater for sure

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As stated - be interesting when you can do this yourself and throw a 100-200km in there as well as that 1/4 mile
I will predict that it will be different when you can yourself as for DSG and even with the slope - I'd expect more from it
DSG and your power I'd be expecting you be mid to low 11's on the quater for sure
Yes sir! I'm just impressed she had the balls to let her eat for 200 feet. She's always so nervous driving this thing and i just keep telling her it's a glorified Golf R and not to worry lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts