Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of you know I got a minor bump a few weeks ago on the M1, whilst I was on my way up to Paul's (Bigbison) house.

To cut a long story short, There had been an accident earlier on in the morning and the M1 had been closed of between J25 &J26, so we were all crawling along, bumper to bumper and this woman hit me. she was only going about 10 - 15 MPH so it wasn't a major accident or anything.

Any way i wont bore you with all the details and I know silver can be a b..ch to match up but, basically the insurance assessor would not allow a blend of the bumper to the rest of the car:

[smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] This is what I got back, only took a few pic's and they dont show the difference as bad as it was, I must say this was not Derby Audi's fault [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] :

I said i would not except the repair as the difference in colour was so shocking. The service guy (he was excellent) got on the phone to the body shop and found out the insurance assessor would not allow for a blend of the new bumper to the body.

After i had left, he got in touch with the insurance assessor and told him i would not except the job, but the insurance assessor would still not pay for a blend and all the associated work for it to be re-dun he said it would stay as it was. So the service guy then got the service manager involved who then got the general manager involved and they decided that they would redo the work FOC, wich amounted to a good few hundred quid. This I thought was excellent of Derby Audi as it was not there fault in the first place and have had to stand the cost of all the work to put it right. They could easly have walked away from the job and said to me to take it up with the insurance company.

:D :D Thanks to Derby Audi my baby is now as she should be :D :D :

I feel Derby Audi do care for there customers from the service reception peeps all the way to the top end managers, and I think there gesture says allot for them as a company and how they want to be seen as a dealer.

Hope I have not sent you all to sleep, but I am so happy to have her back as she should be and no, this is not a advert for Derby Audi, but do think credit has to be given its due :D :D

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what i said, The insurance assessor said that the bumper had been repaired and that was it, and therefor it had been returned to the condition before the accident. I stated that the accident was not my fault, therefor the other party would be paying the bill not mine, therefore i want it as it was before the accident, where you cant tell that the paint did not match. He was a complete a.. hole from start to finish.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I trust you made it clear to the idiot that you'd not be taking their insurance out again? Name and shame the company, then the rest of us can stay clear of them too. Always happy to take your premiums - never willing to provide the service you pay them for.

At least the back end looks good with that double exhaust! :wink:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Well done for sticking to your principles and well done to Derby Audi too. Good to see you got it sorted OK

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Mark, I owe you for the exhaust big time mate. she does look so much better now :D

At the moment I dont realy want to say, as I am going to take it a lot further with the company its self when all has been done. I dont see why Derby Audi should be out of pocket due to a complete kn..b of an assessor, just because he says ya or nay he thinks he is god, power gone to his head. This was apparent in his attitude. I would hate to think what i would have got if i took it to there approved repairer, as they are totaly in there pocket.

steve

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Blending (flashing in) is part of the job of repainting!
Why the hell would the assessor not think it is part of the job to make the finish match?

What a cretin that insurance assessor must be :x

If he won't agree to that just dig your heels in and keep taking it back and getting them to redo it until you are happy; it's your right to do so as all insurance work carries a 2 year guarantee.

The insurance assessor who looked at my car was an a**ehole too - I moved it from the garage it was taken too and he had seen and approved repair the day it turned up; I did not want Nationwide to do the job as I was not impressed with how they were spraying cars in their prep areas and not in spray booths and had it taken to another repair shop on the insurance companies list.

The same assessor then put a block on it and my car just had to sit there b/c he got in a huff about me moving to a different repairer. He dragged his heels for 3 months!

I had no car to use in all that time all b/c of him being a complete and utter bell end.

It was only down to my broker and me passing on a message that I would sue the insurance underwriter for breach of contract and the assessor personally for loss of earnings and my freedom of movement to work and back due to his obstruction that the moron pulled his head out of his ass and gave the go ahead.

I was absolutely apoplectic with anger towards him, swanning around in his car when I could not even have a loan car as he was just sitting on my claim.

A-Plan (the broker) were brilliant but the underwriter (Groupama) and their assessor was complete and utter shite!

Opinions expressed here are nothing to do with the ownership or management of this forum; they are my personal opinion based on my experience with the parties in question.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
B..... hell, I got of likely by the sounds of it. Audi gave me the car. I would of been spitting bricks. The guy at Audi said that the insurance comps are getting worse now days as there trying to cut prices and corners all the time. I know there a business at the end of the day but they still have to do a proper job.

I think in my case as it sounds with yours, its all down to one individual rather than the company its self.

·
Registered
378 Posts
steve i feel your pain on this one as i had the same thing with mine,the assessor said "the bumper is plastic the panels are metal they will always be different colours"........i can understand what hes saying but i was like you " IT WASNT LIKE IT BEFORE ",any way 3-4 times back to the bodyshop and i did get it all sorted eventually,mines the same colour as yours so it was exactly the same issue.

thing is steve in the back of my head "it will never be the same" and thats what annoys me.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you had fought the insurance company they would have had to blend quarters, They try everything to get out of it. My friend at the yard just got £1500 for storing a £400 car that they were arguing with the customer about. It went on so long the bill just kept going up. They told my friend keep car he sent solicitors letter they sent cheque. I would go to a solicitor and get letter sent as obviously the car being two shades of silver was not factory standard and has a bad affect on future sale values.

The best way to get insurance companies to act quick is if you are driving a hire car that they are paying for.

I hate doing business with them, All my friends take on insurance work but I just find them to much hard work

Alan

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am just glad its done now, I dont think in would have had the time to fight them. Just really really thankful to Derby Audi and there team, they have been spot on with me well more than that realy.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Nice to hear something positive about the delaer network, fair play to them and to you for highlighting good service.

My car is going into Wayside Audi bodyshop on Monday - they were great and have allowed me to jump the 1 month wait as I said I wanted to go to a show mid-April - I am very impressed and also with LV as they approved the repairs very quickly and the bumper is getting resprayed full, new wing and blended into the door to ensure a match :)

Glad you have your car back Steve, I am not looking forward to being without my baby.

Charlie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.