Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks - ive spent abotu an hour again scouring the net for answers with no luck. Have a 2002 TT that i bougth a CD concert head unti (from ebay but was 'new') 2 years ago when i go the car since cassettes are dead. Ive never been able to manually tune the unit in 0.1 increments - it jumps from 95.5 to 95.7, to 95.9 etc...so a nightmare to trya nd get capital radio! Not too much of a pain as i listen to music more but all the manulas ive sen apparently all i do is click on the menu button and there s sensitivity setting for tuning. Nope, all i have a local/DX option, thats it. I don't have the TP/ trafic thingm only a AS button top right. Anyone have any idea??? Id use the manual but the Chorus one i have doesnt apply. :(

Thx!

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
qxe900 said:
Hello folks - ive spent abotu an hour again scouring the net for answers with no luck. Have a 2002 TT that i bougth a CD concert head unti (from ebay but was 'new') 2 years ago when i go the car since cassettes are dead. Ive never been able to manually tune the unit in 0.1 increments - it jumps from 95.5 to 95.7, to 95.9 etc...so a nightmare to trya nd get capital radio! Not too much of a pain as i listen to music more but all the manulas ive sen apparently all i do is click on the menu button and there s sensitivity setting for tuning. Nope, all i have a local/DX option, thats it. I don't have the TP/ trafic thingm only a AS button top right. Anyone have any idea??? Id use the manual but the Chorus one i have doesnt apply. :(

Thx!
Out of interest, do you have the signal amplifier fitted?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not that lazy that i havent googled, all my searched end up with that same colour scanned PDF manual but my problem is despite ready that manual the setting dont seem to apply. My concert looks as picture except it has no traffic option button so those settings mean nothing - it doenst have GALA but instead i can bring up SVC which is the same thing so its almost like i have got a European/USA or something version. No idea if ive got anything special fitted - it was bugger to remove being very tight and just swapped with the old cassette head unit. The manual online seems to imply that all you do is press'menu' when youre on the radio and there you can select the manual option which tunes at 0.1 increments, not 0.2 as mine is doing. The troubleshooting section is worthless. :(

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
You may have a US radio.
Am guessing here but, I have an old small portable digital FM radio from the US and it has a US/Eu setting which changes the decimal steps, which I had to do when I brought it back to the UK. Try asking someone from the US, there are a few on this forum.

Sorry this doesn't help but it explains it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_broadcasting_in_the_United_States

Because each channel is 0.2 MHz wide, the center frequencies of adjacent channels differ by 0.2 MHz. Because the lowest channel is centered on 87.9 MHz, the tenths digit (in MHz) of the center frequency of any FM station in the United States is always an odd number.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts