Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just popped down to the new Audi dealership in Leicester, I was after the QS phantom black 3 bar front grill. i gave the bloke my car reg with is a 02 plate, he came back to me saying he couldn't sell me the grill because its for the 2003 model, iv read a lot of threads on hear and thought they didn't chance any of the body styling between the 02/03 models. am i correct or is the dealer right and the grill will not fit my car ?

·
Super Moderator
8,674 Posts
It will fit, but for some reason dealers won't sell parts not applicable to your model. You need thevreg or chassis number for a QS :)

·
Registered
16,945 Posts
Had the same problem with getting qs parts my old MK1 , you need to get a reg no from a qs , have a look on Audi used car site , autotrader . Give the qs reg to be able to order the parts

Mark

·
Registered
12,069 Posts
I've never had a problem buying parts as long as I didn't give a VIN/reg number when I ordered (and accepted that because of this, I lost the right to return the part if it didn't fit). As soon as you give them your cars details, they'll be more reluctant to sell you parts that aren't confirmed as fitting by their system.

I'd just go in there with the part number and say you want to buy it. If they ask what it's for, just say "my car, obviously". :wink:

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
Just find your local TPS same OEM parts better service and cheeper prices

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I can see why he didn't sell it to you, any probs and say you came back and said he sold it and it's the wrong one for the year etc then they would have to take it back, a simple I will write a waiver etc should suffice.

·
Registered
12,069 Posts
Taylortony said:
I can see why he didn't sell it to you, any probs and say you came back and said he sold it and it's the wrong one for the year etc then they would have to take it back, a simple I will write a waiver etc should suffice.
They allow for that. They can mark on the order that it's not been checked against a VIN.

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
Spandex said:
I've never had a problem buying parts as long as I didn't give a VIN/reg number when I ordered (and accepted that because of this, I lost the right to return the part if it didn't fit). As soon as you give them your cars details, they'll be more reluctant to sell you parts that aren't confirmed as fitting by their system.

I'd just go in there with the part number and say you want to buy it. If they ask what it's for, just say "my car, obviously". :wink:
+ 1 :p

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Taylortony said:
The point is they should sell them to you regardless. It should'nt make any difference if you own the car or not. A shop is a shop. Selling things is how shops make money! If i were in charge i would'nt give a damn if you told me its for the front of your new go-cart. Its like going into a fruit and veg shop and asking for some carrots for a stew and the shop-keep refusing to sell you them cause he dosnt put carrots in his stews! [smiley=freak.gif]

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GroverUK said:
The point is they should sell them to you regardless. It should'nt make any difference if you own the car or not. A shop is a shop. Selling things is how shops make money! If i were in charge i would'nt give a damn if you told me its for the front of your new go-cart. Its like going into a fruit and veg shop and asking for some carrots for a stew and the shop-keep refusing to sell you them cause he dosnt put carrots in his stews! [smiley=freak.gif]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
bigdan said:
GroverUK said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dont Audi put carrots in their stew? I didn't know that.....bloody Germans.. :evil: :lol: :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts