Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I saw that and i was thinking that it would be much more interesting to see how the TT-RS stacks against a V8 R8...

·
Premium Member
1,836 Posts
Not surprised at all that the TT-RS kept up in cross country chase in the real world...I had a similar chase against an E92 M3 and I had to keep breaking to keep to a safe distance, the TT-RS had way more power to play wth and was simply much quicker.

I really think the TT-RS is well understated - keep in mind that the TT-RS was understeering like mad thus not able to turn in as precisely as Sutcliffe wanted...same experience I am having hence am fitting the Haldex Sports controller to negate that issue.

As an owner of higher performance car which is even quicker than the R8 V10, I am truely impressed by the TT-RS (I own the Roadster). Those who make silly comments about the car on this forum don't even own the TT-RS let alone another higher performance car to make 'real life' comparisons.

The truth is, you are likely to find yourself going up against the likes of an M3; a Ferrari, Aston V8 etc on A-roads & B-roads where, IMO, the TT-RS excels...once you can mange the understeer. It really is a fab machine which is hugely talented. Sure in a straight line chase many high performance cars will trounce it yet again, how often do you really do that and is that a meaningful measure of a complete car?

Am hoping once I have fitted the Haldex Sports controller that the understeer is neutralised...in which case I will have a car to truely enjoy on A-roads & B-roads and on track days - fab!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
wallsendmag said:
Was talking to this Scottish bloke at the R8 V10 launch Alan Mc somebody or other . He was saying how the TTRS was something else compared to the R8
He's right...but only because both the 4.2 and 5.2 are grossly underpowered for their chassis.
Give me a Heffner TT on either any day.

click all to enlarge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.