Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the OE cover looks pretty, interesting to find out how it's been modified to fit

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
By the looks of it, parts of it have been cut off which is fairly easy to do. Not sure about the back part near the pipe as that is were the original filter used to lay. Im thinking that might need to be chopped as well, I think you need both parts of the two piece engine cover to be attached so it still can attach to the engine. I think im going to investigate this further as that would save a decent amount and looks mint.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
I agree 100% it does look very neat.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me know your findings Dan. As you say it would save a fortune if the OE cover could be kept. Can't imagine it been too hard just got to figure out which parts to chop away whilst making it look neat

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Just had a look, seems it is a "two piece" that is screwed together so you can put the filter in. The problem is the lower part has all the mountings for it to attach to the engine. It would have to be cut away which if you have a decent saw then it should be a easy enough job. I think over the next few weeks I will give this a bash. I can spray paint pretty well so think I might give it a shot. Only slight issue may be there are four mounting positions and the rear two will be chopped, so if the front two mounts aren't doing the job then I think Another mount will have to be fabricated. I think I will come to that bridge later.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice work. Keep us updated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.