Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AUDI TT (FV) 2.0 TDI 2016 MK3

Can anyone help please, I have lost power to my EPS and I also have a red steering wheel icon with a exclamation mark and a warning light on the dash.
So I have been trying to reset the steering angle sensor but I have run into a problem when I get to basic settings then it tells me to select channel 60 as underlined below in the setup...... But I just can't see where channel 60 is. Can anyone point me in the right direction please please please .

Calibrate the steering angle sensor * Start the engine * Drive the vehicle in a straight line * Maximum speed km/h (mph): * Turn the steering wheel to the left * Turn the steering wheel to the right Turn the steering wheel in centre position * Stop the engine * Connect the diagnostic tool * Select '03 ESP control unit' * Select 'Access Authorisation' * Enter the code: * Select function 04 (basic setting) * Select channel 60 * Select '44 Power Steering' * Start the engine * Drive the vehicle in a straight line * Maximum speed km/h (mph): * Turn the steering wheel to the left * Turn the steering wheel to the right Turn the steering wheel in centre position * Stop the engine AUDI TT (FV) 2.0 TDI 2016 MK3
Any help appreciated

·
Registered
525 Posts
Is there a fuse dedicated to the power steering? I have a pdf of a 2017 roadster manual and it doesn't list any fuses as for the power steering. I'd have a look at the big multi amp fuses, 30A, 50A and 100A, and see if any of those are blown.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there a fuse dedicated to the power steering? I have a pdf of a 2017 roadster manual and it doesn't list any fuses as for the power steering. I'd have a look at the big multi amp fuses, 30A, 50A and 100A, and see if any of those are blown.
Would you happen to know where I can find these fuses I know where both fuse boxes are ? There seems to be fuses on the battery these are the fuses boxes i have
Product Musical instrument accessory Electronic device Font Technology

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi I have to thank you all for the advice you all gave me about my 2016 audi tt mk 3 with no power steering . Someone promised to come out and have apol at my car but 3 times he hasn't turned up so can any of you wonderful people help me please I have no power steering the horn doesn't work either I sending a recent scan of my car hope someone will be able to point me in the right direction many thanks again

Attachments

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
97,209 Posts
Hi I have to thank you all for the advice you all gave me about my 2016 audi tt mk 3 with no power steering . Someone promised to come out and have apol at my car but 3 times he hasn't turned up so can any of you wonderful people help me please I have no power steering the horn doesn't work either I sending a recent scan of my car hope someone will be able to point me in the right direction many thanks again
Hi, Very little we can do from here as you require someone with VCDS knowledge to calibrate/initialise the steering angle sensor to start with & then proceed from there.
Have you given us your location? perhaps one of us is close by, has VCDS experience & willing to help, otherwise it will have to be trailered to a local Indy.
Hoggy. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AUDI TT (FV) 2.0 TDI 2016 MK3

Can anyone help please, I have lost power to my EPS and I also have a red steering wheel icon with a exclamation mark and a warning light on the dash.
So I have been trying to reset the steering angle sensor but I have run into a problem when I get to basic settings then it tells me to select channel 60 as underlined below in the setup...... But I just can't see where channel 60 is. Can anyone point me in the right direction please please please .

Calibrate the steering angle sensor * Start the engine * Drive the vehicle in a straight line * Maximum speed km/h (mph): * Turn the steering wheel to the left * Turn the steering wheel to the right Turn the steering wheel in centre position * Stop the engine * Connect the diagnostic tool * Select '03 ESP control unit' * Select 'Access Authorisation' * Enter the code: * Select function 04 (basic setting) * Select channel 60 * Select '44 Power Steering' * Start the engine * Drive the vehicle in a straight line * Maximum speed km/h (mph): * Turn the steering wheel to the left * Turn the steering wheel to the right Turn the steering wheel in centre position * Stop the engine AUDI TT (FV) 2.0 TDI 2016 MK3
Any help appreciated
Hi, Very little we can do from here as you require someone with VCDS knowledge to calibrate/initialise the steering angle sensor to start with & then proceed from there.
Have you given us your location? perhaps one of us is close by, has VCDS experience & willing to help, otherwise it will have to be trailered to a local Indy.
Hoggy. :)
We are in the south wales valleys about 26 miles north of Cardiff thank you for all your advice

·
Registered
157 Posts
A minute of googling results in

Not a million miles away from you, mobile, appears to have some proper fault-diagnostic ability. I've not used this person myself.

If you do contact them give them the full story upfront, especially the accident damage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts