Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently own a 2001 mk1 Audi tt BAM 225hp Quattro, was wondering the correct fuel pump i would need for my motor.. I have been looking online and seen numerous oem numbers and cant figure out which one is for my motor.

8l9 919 051 b - i think this is correct pump for my car, not 100% sure tho
The rubber seal is currently in bad shape on mine was wondering is there anywhere i can pick up a seal also....

·
Registered
66 Posts
It will depend upon build date and whether yours is FWD or Quattro.
Looking at lllparts website there is a chassis number at which the part number changes. I suspect the VIN cut off is just for an improved part.
Quattro models have a reshaped ta k to accommodate the rear axle components. I side the tank is s secondary suction pump to move fuel from the left to the right. The suction pump is connected to the fuel pump. FWD models do not have those connections.
The seal ring is 1J0919133A for all models.
Good news is that the 2 types of pump are used in other VAG models, that brings the aftermarket prices down ;-)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will depend upon build date and whether yours is FWD or Quattro.
Looking at lllparts website there is a chassis number at which the part number changes. I suspect the VIN cut off is just for an improved part.
Quattro models have a reshaped ta k to accommodate the rear axle components. I side the tank is s secondary suction pump to move fuel from the left to the right. The suction pump is connected to the fuel pump. FWD models do not have those connections.
The seal ring is 1J0919133A for all models.
Good news is that the 2 types of pump are used in other VAG models, that brings the aftermarket prices down ;-)
It is a Quattro, my mistake.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The VAG part number appears to be 8L9919051G , according to LLL Parts .
I have no reason to doubt them :)
If you can work out how to get the pump assembly disconnected and out of the tank, you could strip it down to replace just the pump. That is not available from Audi as a part, they only sell the complete assembly. Replacing just the pump sgould give you more options. That could be higher ethanol tolerance, increased pressure and flow rate if needed.

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
8L9919051G is the correct pump assembly up to VIN 8N-2-030000.
After that it changes to "J" instead of "G".
The change is the level senders.

Audi don't list the pump on its own.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
8L9919051G is the correct pump assembly up to VIN 8N-2-030000.
After that it changes to "J" instead of "G".
The change is the level senders.

Audi don't list the pump on its own.
Thank you appreciate your help. Going to try pick up the correct part asap.

·
Registered
11,964 Posts
You can get the pump on its own, or a pump in its swirlpot, rather than the whole assembly, but not from Audi.

I suspect the OEM is VDO and they do list it.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts