Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my screen replaced by Autoglass and not happy with the non oem replacement.

The job is good, but the glass has significantly less tint (across the top) than the one which it replaced (also non-genuine)

They are talking about slouching a genuine screen, can anyone tell me if their genuine screen has a tint across the top?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Oh great. :?

I've just booked them for next Saturday for a stone chip fix. (they say that it can be fixed.)

This does not bode well.....

My screen has a tint to the top I believe. Wouldn't want to lose that for some inferior copy. :x

Could they not have fixed yours?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Hiya,
Top tint was an option on the coupe and standard on the roadster.
If I needed a new screen I would insist on it being done at the dearlership. At least that way you have a major player between you and the pleb that could not be arsed to do a proper job.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Danny1 said:
errr they must have to replace like for like????
Not necessarily!

Got a stone chip in the middle 15 months ago and the windscreen guy arrived (wasn't autoglass but was one of the major players) but didn't do the repair because the chip was so small that it would require forcing the resin in and 50/50 it would break. He said he had a "replacement screen" on board but not a "genuine" one. He then said that if it did crack later that I should "tell them to bring a genuine screen with them" and to "insist before they leave that I wanted a genuine screen and not a replacement screen" He then said that there was no price difference to me (as the insurance simply pays for a replaced windscreen) and that a replacement screen was OK but the genuine one would be better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts