Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, had to share these with you... sorry for not being TT's! but anyone would look at these....

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I wouldn't say no of course, but I don't think R8's are as awesome as most people make out.

They do look lovely, but so do TT's.

R8 looks like a TT limousuine!! LOL

PS Red - have you got a new sig for me please mate? :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mysterio said:
I wouldn't say no of course, but I don't think R8's are as awesome as most people make out.

They do look lovely, but so do TT's.

R8 looks like a TT limousuine!! LOL

PS Red - have you got a new sig for me please mate? :p
I agree Mysterio about the R8, I don't actually think that black one looks that good! :eek: Don't know what it is. Maybe the wrong angle.

As for your sig, will have it done right after easter.
Not been in my office since the original creation.
Try to wind down before any holiday! hey, if you work for yourself, what would you do! :?: :wink: :lol:

I got to change my sig soon, just seen that I have gone to 4 stars! (3 shown on my sig!) - I must spend way too much time on here! who has the highest stats on posts anyway?? NAN ohhhhhhhhhh NAN, where are ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Redcar_TT said:
I agree Mysterio about the R8, I don't actually think that black one looks that good! :eek: Don't know what it is. Maybe the wrong angle.
Know what you mean. To me i think the proportions just look wrong. The nose to the start of front door is very short, but from the back to the edge of door closest to rear almost looks twice as long. The silver is adding to the problem imo. hould have had a carbon upgrade, reckon that would fix it a bit.

Cant deny the engine just shouts out at you through the rear window.... "try me, buy me!"

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
What are some wearing protective covers and some not? :?

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
GhosTTy said:
Bloody good question. :(

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
Maybe the just know blacks is pointless and will be covered in marks so just put the covers on the nice colours to save them from marks?

R8s still sat in slum class. Everyone knows first class is at the front. :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Merl said:
R8?.......pure marketing for Audi

if you had 80-90k would you REALLY spend it on an Audi?
Yes and buy 2 top of the range TTS's. :p

One for me, one for the mrs (both Ibis!!)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
no mate you'd go Aston martin - surely?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Merl said:
Redcar_TT said:
Merl said:

Yes and buy 2 top of the range TTS's. :p

One for me, one for the mrs (both Ibis!!)
christ! you trust your missus more than I trust mine!
She is a better driver than me! :eek:

Looking at the state of my current 18 inch alloys anyway.
I am about 4 - 1 down on scuffs at the minute. :roll:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
GhosTTy said:
Black ones don't get the protective covers because the swirl marks need to be added during or after shipment.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

There's a red R8 at the dealers here, I like them.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Speaking of swirls, I have already pre-warned my dealer that my last TT had swirls all over it and I do not expect the same.

He took it on board!

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Stood next to an R8 in the showroom the other day and it was swirl city

I mentioned it to the sales muppet and worryingly enough, he couldn't see the problem. FFS :roll:

Mysterio - I'm actually thinking of getting a pro to go and look at the TTS when it arrives (it's 300 miles away) to cast an expert eye over the paint. If he can forward evidence of a crap finish (don't forget the Dealer won't be allowed to touch it either!) then I'll be getting them to foot the bill for pro correction

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
A pro inspection seems like a very sensible precaution to me.

While having the brakes fixed recently I had a pog at the cars in the dealer showroom. A black S5 had more swirls on the paint than a very swirly thing. It also had the start of saggy seats as did the A5 and the TT.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Merl said:

In Norway 80-90k will only get you the TTS..... :?

If you want to get the R8 here, you will have to more than double that.... :roll:

It is good that we are paid well - and it's very cheep to go abroad for hollydays... :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.