Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well drop the car off this morning all parts paid for and thought it was going to be a pretty straightforward day. was in for:-

1) Forge KO4 actuator
2) New Tracks and Track Rod Ends for steering rack
3) CompBrake Top Mount Bearing
4) New Bottom Ball Joints
5) Tyres 2no. (last min addition)
6) Investigation into rear noise (bearing / diff

Well as you can see a decent amount of work.. and problems arrose straight from the off before 9:00 when the top mounts had a circlip that fouled.. at which point i left and went home.. (couldn't bear being sat there waiting for the news on the diff) so mind was taken off it until 3pm.. where the bad news about ball joints came through... had 4 different makes and non of them fitted.. (they were supposed to) managed to get one AUDI one from the dealersand fitted perfectly.. so watch out for those if you ever pick them up... just get them from dealers... Top mount problem had been solved with some great engineering skill.. Rack was done....

Then the problems came... the forge KO4 Actuator has a spring thats weaker than standard (which means is a less performance part) and a load more other issues.. They've been working with forge to sort these.. not sure if it's a problem thats only just been discovered or a new one which is having some development to get it right... but there getting it together and obviously took time to sort out.... then the discovery... the turbo gasket from the exhaust maifold to the turbo had cracked... In three places.. Nearly all the way through too.. but can see on the gasket some soot near one of the cracks where exhaust gas has been coming out of... (lucky the heat shield has stood upto it... belive a few TT's have had fires in that ares) so that was a great spot... Obviously the Acuators need setting up.. The main reason in needing it is because of the developed APR stage #2 map...... and without a ball joint the road testing cannot be done...

So basicly i think it was abit optamistic to get it done in a day... but nevermind.. these things are sent to try us... so next week when parts arrive it will be thoroughly looked into and alot of testing done on the actuator... (yes again taking one for the team as don't know anyone who's running one)

But big thanks to awesome for making sure the car is 100% RIGHT... i'm sure it'll be worth the wait know how my car usually feels when it leaves there doors !!!

P.S i'll post some pics of the gasket at weekend... :eek:

·
Registered
84,386 Posts
Top guys at Awesome I am sure they will get it all sorted

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
glad you are getting things sorted m8, i hope i will be getting a call soon for my new bits & bats :wink: ...will call over the weekend

·
Premium Member
14,448 Posts
Mark Davies said:
We should set up a support group! Weekly meet in Awesome's waiting area?

I'll be there on Monday. :?
Sounds a plan Mark. Group hugs and all.
Good to hear your getting there Tony and hope all's sorted early in the week mate, well no later then for our NW meet on Thursday.

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Sorry your car isnt well Tony. Mines in Midland on Thursday for a new steering rack. Hopefully its all set for Italy after that though.
will catch up with you all on Thursday night.

matt

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hark said:
So many problems mate. Is it because it's higher mileage or what?

You seem to have thrown so much money at it to fix a list of problems. When will it end matey?
Not really problems... well the rear is... the actuator is abit of development because of the stronger boosting remap. and the topmounts were basicly because they weren't available when i had the suspension done and the seat Leon boys rave about them..

so it's not all problems.... apar from the rear noise... apart from that it's pretty much self inflicted :?

Mark Davies said:
les said:
well no later then for our NW meet on Thursday.
Looks like I'll be missing it for the second month in a row - certainly not expecting my car to be back in one piece by then. Apparently there's someone with a blue heap of junk taking up all the mechanics' time. :wink:
Ha ha ha ha ha.... have they moved you back or something??? sorry matey... beyond my control... feel guilty now :cry:

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hark said:
What's with the actuator mate?

Why did you change it? Just wondering what symptoms your having as I'm having ongoing boost problems.
reason being is the new remap that was developed is abit higher on boost.. therefore i get a situation where it hits 26 drops to 22 and then goes back up and holds at 24psi... meaning the standard spring can't hold it.. hense the change...

As i said the remap currently on.. which gave me 40lb/ft torque over the TT stage 2 map.. this map was for the seat leon and should be identical to the tt.. however APR have cocked up.. hense the things floating round on here at the moment.. obviously the seat boys are really big on actators and the car the map was developed on for stage #2 had one so thats why i have the boost issue.. should all be sorted and hopefully it'll give me abit more power too... rolling road to be done once the cars sorted.. 4th rolling road day for me now. :lol:

whats your issues?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
i've cracked 340lb/ft torque
[smiley=dude.gif] [smiley=dude.gif] [smiley=dude.gif] [smiley=mexicanwave.gif] [smiley=dude.gif] [smiley=dude.gif] [smiley=dude.gif] good grief dude...respect

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
tony_rigby_uk said:
bad side......

rear diff failure
[smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]
Sorry to hear that pal, there seems to be a few issue's recently about the rear diffs failing, is it becoming a more common issue. I really hope not :?

Shak

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.