Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Midlands VW have now replaced my rear crank oil seal, clutch and certain front bushes, they just phoned me to tell me when replacing the cam belt and associated parts they found that the engine mount bottom threads were cross threaded and ripped and bolts holding on the tensioner were only finger tight :eek: , talk about dodging a bullet. Next job when I get the car back is to check my service book to see who replaced it last time and then name and shame them and contact them to see what they have to say for themselves,F***ing cowboys. Its one of 2 garages, we'll see' :x

·
Registered
84,237 Posts
Not good I would get Midlands VW to put there findings in writing

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
Thanks Yellow, I have already asked them to write a report and put it in an e-mail, i'm not going to let this one go, might involve trading standards if required.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RudeBadger said:
merlin c said:
YELLOW_TT said:
Thanks Yellow, I have already asked them to write a report and put it in an e-mail, i'm not going to let this one go, might involve trading standards if required.
you go girlfriend :lol: ( sorry, no head waggle emoticon )
[smiley=gorgeous.gif] :wink:

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
who is to say they havn't cross threaded it themselves and then pointed it out and just say we found it like that? anyway steve, when i get five mins will wing your cover back bud as it has been sat here done for what seems like ten years.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gazzer said:
who is to say they havn't cross threaded it themselves and then pointed it out and just say we found it like that? anyway steve, when i get five mins will wing your cover back bud as it has been sat here done for what seems like ten years.
Cheers Gaz.. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.