Audi TT Forum banner
121 - 140 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

Am I right in reading your blog that this picture was taken BEFORE your alignment i.e. when the garage said you were sitting at around -.42? :?:

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
keithtd said:

Am I right in reading your blog that this picture was taken BEFORE your alignment i.e. when the garage said you were sitting at around -.42? :?:
No that picture was taken once i lowered and spaced the car.

The - 42 reading was taken after i installed the forge tie bars before the alignment was done.

Wak has said the ideal setting is around -1.10 so once i get all my bushes and new tyres later on this year i will get them to set the back to Waks setting.

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
You have been busy :D I think the roof spoiler looks great (maybe I am biased!). Like you say, I think it helps to create a more aggresive back end and from the rear, creates a nice little angle to an otherwise rounded ass! Love the way the denim blue looks in that last picture too [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=dude.gif]

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
BaueruTc said:
keithtd said:

The - 42 reading was taken after i installed the forge tie bars before the alignment was done.

Wak has said the ideal setting is around -1.10 so once i get all my bushes and new tyres later on this year i will get them to set the back to Waks setting.
So picture is after lowering but before tie bars. After tie bars then you must have had a go at getting rid of all that -ve camber. I'm in same position and not sure whether to go for 1.1 or 1.4 -ve.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
keithtd said:
BaueruTc said:
keithtd said:

So picture is after lowering but before tie bars. After tie bars then you must have had a go at getting rid of all that -ve camber. I'm in same position and not sure whether to go for 1.1 or 1.4 -ve.
Yes that is correct.

The garage that set mine up went with Audi's settings and the results for the negative camber were as close as they could get as the tie-bars are now fully wound in. With these settings my tyres are wearing no more than 1mm more on the inside than the outside of the rear tyres. I will put up with this at the moment as they are cheap tyres and all four will be getting replaced later this year along with the rear 4 rose joints and front bushes. Once this is all done I will be going with Waks suggestion of -1.10 on the rears. I reckon that should sort out the slight rear tyre wear that I currently have.

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
Brendanb86 said:
You have been busy :D I think the roof spoiler looks great (maybe I am biased!). Like you say, I think it helps to create a more aggresive back end and from the rear, creates a nice little angle to an otherwise rounded ass! Love the way the denim blue looks in that last picture too [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=dude.gif]

What a great pic 8) from this angle the roof spoiler looks good.

Paul

·
Registered
1,834 Posts

... I can't decide 100% - from this angle I think it looks good, I'd have to see it in the metal to decide... I think it's one of those things that all depends on the angle you look at it, the position of the sun, what day of the week it is, what I had for breakfast and whether on not Taurus is aligned with Sagittarius as to whether I like it or not ...
... at the moment, it's a little bit different- and I like that ...
:)

... at the moment anyway ...

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
The Blue Bandit said:
... I can't decide 100% - from this angle I think it looks good, I'd have to see it in the metal to decide... I think it's one of those things that all depends on the angle you look at it, the position of the sun, what day of the week it is, what I had for breakfast and whether on not Taurus is aligned with Sagittarius as to whether I like it or not ...
... at the moment, it's a little bit different- and I like that ...
:)

... at the moment anyway ...
That's exactly the same way I feel about it. Certain angles it looks good. Others it does not. :( Whereas before I think the car looked good from any rear angle. Spoiler extension yes window spoiler no. I wonder what the chances of it coming off without damaging the car would be? I will give it more time, Maybe my new exhaust which will be going on next will complement the window spoiler :lol:

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
spearhunter#2 said:
How did you get on then bud? Roads treat you well? :D
Well I got back home around midnight last night with a big smile on my face. You were right about the state of the A9! :x Its horrific! I had hoped to be up the road before it was dark but I was held up on the M6 for well over an hour shortly after I left due to a van running up the back of a car blocking two lanes. Hope everyone was fine as the white car was roofless by the time I got passed.

So anyway the A9 was bad. I honestly have no idea how I don't have two buckled front rims! Trying to avoid pot holes in the dark is pretty hard.

Well the guys at Pipe Werx did a fantastic job, The exhaust sounds awesome, It has a nice deep down grumble whilst it is ticking over. Kind of gets drowned out in the cabin when I put the foot down due to the S2000 cone and Badger 5 TIP. I will need to get one of my mates to take her for a spin so I can listen to her.

The guys also fitted my 200 cell sports cats which I won on eBay a few months back.

Here are a few pics of the exhaust.

My two Inlet manifold injector inserts were ready to collect from Audi today so I nipped through and picked them up. (Ordered four already but I managed to bin one pack of two by mistake :oops: ). I then set about fitting my new inlet manifold and the charge pipe that I de-baffled and polished. Shortly after I started it decided to rain as usual. I think it took me roughly 2 and a half hours from start to finish, The manifold looks far better than the old one.

When I fired up the car at first I though oh oh as she sounded like she was only running on three cylinders. She soon picked up and was fine, I am guessing it just took a minute for the fuel to run back through the system.

Cant say I noticed any difference in noise from the charge pipe but I am happy with its new shiny appearance. I will need to take the two clamps back off and polish them up when I get a chance.

I am looking forward to the drive to work tomorrow :)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Black inlet manifold looks cool mate, I want to remove mine and body colour it, easy to remove is it?

·
Registered
16,945 Posts
Looking good :D , I am liking the black inlet mani also . Got some pipewerx parts on my car , very pleased with them :)

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
CR51GYR-TT240 said:
Black inlet manifold looks cool mate, I want to remove mine and body colour it, easy to remove is it?
It was very simple to do,. I used this guide and did not run into any problems. http://mk1tt.montebellopark.com/powergasket.html

conlechi said:
Looking good :D , I am liking the black inlet mani also . Got some pipewerx parts on my car , very pleased with them :)
Yes they are top notch guys. The system sounds lovely and the price they did it for works out cheaper than a Milltek cat back.

V6RUL said:
Jeff did a good job on the exhaust for ya.
He took 8 hours to do mine whilst I watched.
Custom fit is the best option.
Steve
Yes I would recommend them to anyone. They started my car at around 0930 and it was finished by 1630. They have bought a TT 225 which they got cheap As it was needing a lot of work, they have stuck a stage two remap on it. They took me for a spin in it, omg my car feels so slow now! Next step remap! :)

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Purchased this off Charlie last year and had it in the engine bay till it almost fell off. She was on with sticky pads before, She wont be coming off this time that's for sure. I forgot how good the ring looked on the cover, It looks even better now along with Brendan's Porsche oil cap.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
WOW amazing build thread mate :eek:

121 - 140 of 395 Posts