Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all I'm thinking of getting a downpipe and sports cat fitted, just which one to get is the question? I rang the tt shop the other day and they wanted £960 to fit a blueflame. I just thought that was too expensive. I've seen others around like pipewerx and Magnex what's the best one to have? Going to get my local garage to fit it.

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
Pipe Werx 3 inch Down Pipe has always been the most popular one we've sold and the best fit too. The top bend is formed in T316 stainless were as all the others i've seen are T304.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
The new relentless exhausts are built with 321 stainless which is gets for high temp applications so they should be very good products

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
tonksy26 said:
Get a relentless one. Nice and cheap and easily does the job perfectly.
How much are they?..have you got a link?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just had dp/cat fitted thanks to recommendation ive got the relentless one. Garage said the dp part fits great but cat end was a bit tricky but oh we'll it cost £195 including gaskets, connector pipe which i didnt think was too bad. also old dp is in one piece!.sound is great puts big smile on my face! On hard acceleration there's a weird noise a sort of squeal but only in 2nd and don't seem to happen in any other gear.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
richyboy said:
Just had dp/cat fitted thanks to recommendation ive got the relentless one. Garage said the dp part fits great but cat end was a bit tricky but oh we'll it cost £195 including gaskets, connector pipe which i didnt think was too bad. also old dp is in one piece!.sound is great puts big smile on my face! On hard acceleration there's a weird noise a sort of squeal but only in 2nd and don't seem to happen in any other gear.
did you fit it yourself? or did you pay a garage to fit it? I'm only asking because i've got the exact same DP on the way to me :)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
richyboy said:
Garage done it for £195 including bolts gaskets and connector pipe. Also old dp is intact as they drop the subframe to get to it
Thats pretty good considering the subframe needs to be dropped to fit it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts