Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Whilst I can't claim it to be "the best", the one I use is the monojoy Faraday pouch available on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07DQKQQBB. Its big enough to hold a few keys on a key ring such as car, house keys etc. My wife also has one she keeps in here bag but hers did wear out after a year or so; by wear out I mean that the inner service degrades and the signal was getting out. I have had the same bag for about 3 years now without problems but I don't carry mine about and it stays on the side at home.

Stephen

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies… I was mainly thinking of something to carry the key around in my pocket so a small key pouch. Maybe I’m overthinking this though as I guess I could just deactivate the advanced key by holding it to the handle when leaving the car

·
Registered
Audi TT 2015
19 Posts
I would suggest permanently deactivating keyless entry all together. The key fobs still emit the code but the car does not recognize them. You can program it with OBDEleven or VCDS...

Reactions: mtainkat

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would suggest permanently deactivating keyless entry all together. The key fobs still emit the code but the car does not recognize them. You can program it with OBDEleven or VCDS...
I have OBDeleven so definitely interested in this option, do I need long coding? It’s a new car I’m just waiting for too so does anyone know is there’s any risk to the warranty if I was to disable keyless entry?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try this from Amazon, I been using for both my TT's and Q5:
2 Pack Car Key Signal Blocker Pouch, Faraday Pouch for Car Keys, Keyless Signal Blocking Key Case, Rfid Blocker Bag for Car Security

·
Registered
133 Posts
These work and are cheap at £6 for two,

·
Registered
279 Posts
These work and are cheap at £6 for two,

I got one of these and after just 1-year the signal is now seeping out :(

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sounds dumb, but are you putting the key in the right place in the pouch? It's possible to put the key "in" the pouch, but in a part that isn't fully shielded.

The key goes into the rear of the two pockets.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sounds dumb, but are you putting the key in the right place in the pouch? It's possible to put the key "in" the pouch, but in a part that isn't fully shielded.

The key goes into the rear of the two pockets.
😅 I have the smaller version Mini only just big enough for the key fob, and only one pocket.
it worked great for the first nine months or so, then one day went to the car, forgot to take the fob out and the car unlocked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts