Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just fitted a set of coilovers and would like to know the best ride height and alignment setup.i dont want to go too low though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, they are jamex bought them just before group buy, the are exactly the same as vmaxx, even down to the part number stickers.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
I've just fitted my VMaxx ones and the backs I had to adjust all the way down to get a decent ride height and to avoid any rubbing the front adjuster was screwed up, showing 19 threads. The front is still a bit lower than the back, but I'm assuming the back will settle a bit lower. Hope that's of some help mate.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my rear was high too, i put fronts on showing 15 threads, was way too low, ended up winding plate up sp 65mm of thread was showing from base plate, has lost its dragster look now.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
I put my backs in the way VMaxx said to do it and ended up with a 6inch gap between the top of my wheel and the arch :oops: Turns out they were upside down. I also took the OEM rubber out from the top of the backs to get a bit lower. Happy with the ride height I've got now though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so which way round did you fit your rear springs? i have the small coil at the top with the adjuster sat in there, still have the top rubber in, did think about removing it.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
The way you've done them is the right way mate and the way I changed mine to. VMaxx said to put the adjuster on the bottom :? . I had to take the rubber out to get low enough.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
really wished i ditched the rubber now, have you had your wheels aligned yet?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just been looking at before and after pics, noticeably different at the rear, think i may have to drop the front a tad.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Anyone that has taken the rubber out from the top & willing to pop them in an envelope to me would be much appreciated! I want to put them back in on mine (mines a tad too low at the back, but dont have those rubber mats anymore [smiley=bigcry.gif] ).

PM please if you are willing :p

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Ive experimented LOADS!

I have FK coilovers and run rear low as she goes with adjusters in and the front wuth 24 threads showing from bottem. I run 1.55 neg camber rear and neg 1.1 front. Seems great for a fast road setup.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
think i will remove the rubber spacers later, need it a little lower.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
doober said:
no, they are jamex bought them just before group buy, the are exactly the same as vmaxx, even down to the part number stickers.
Strange that as they are made in different countries; I wonder whether they sent them to you as an alternative to the Jamex b/c they had no stock or something?

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
SteviedTT said:
The way you've done them is the right way mate and the way I changed mine to. VMaxx said to put the adjuster on the bottom :? . I had to take the rubber out to get low enough.
I know it was a pain for you but my thanks to you for posting here so that others know the little pitfalls and are able to do it right 1st time.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kentish, could not believe it when you posted the pics of your set, they are exactly the same as the jamex.
hardest bit on the front is getting the bottom of the old shock to release, other than that very straightforward.
Large plastic disc sits on bottom,large end of spring sits on that then adjuster fits into top of spring with washer inbetween it and spring.
will take pics later, when i am adjusting the fronts and removing the spacers on rear.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.