Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave them my TTR today to fit a clutch kit as the clutch pedal was heavy and was worried about the pedal breaking,when it was being fitted where as the master cylinder was going to be replaced at the same time it actualy didn't need it.

So the big thumbs up because of thier prompt couteouse service and for not fitting a part unnessasarily and saving me the best part of £150.
Will defo be going there again in the future,thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
They are superb and value for money [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
st3v3 said:
Gave them my TTR today to fit a clutch kit as the clutch pedal was heavy and was worried about the pedal breaking,when it was being fitted where as the master cylinder was going to be replaced at the same time it actualy didn't need it.

So the big thumbs up because of thier prompt couteouse service and for not fitting a part unnessasarily and saving me the best part of £150.
Hi Steve,

Good to hear about genuinely good customer service being offered by a garage, or any company for that matter. All too often these days all we hear about is people being ripped off in one way or another.

Our TT has similar symptoms to yours, ie. a heavy clutch pedal. What did they find when they stripped it, was the friction plate/cover plate worn? Did you have the DMF and slave cylinder replaced and were you happy with the price charged?

Thanks, Mark.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NoMark said:
st3v3 said:

Hi Steve,

Good to hear about genuinely good customer service being offered by a garage, or any company for that matter. All too often these days all we hear about is people being ripped off in one way or another.

Our TT has similar symptoms to yours, ie. a heavy clutch pedal. What did they find when they stripped it, was the friction plate/cover plate worn? Did you have the DMF and slave cylinder replaced and were you happy with the price charged?

Thanks, Mark.
When i first popped over a few weeks back Chris took the car out for a test drive, he found,like myself that we couldnt get the clutch to slip,the was no vibration from the flywheel and no odd noises.

On that basis after a chat we decided that the clutch was either worn or it could of been the master cylinder to fault.
Today when i got back, after a casual stroll around Canock for 4 hours, they had only replaced the clutch (kit) as the master cylider was described to me as "in perfect working order" but on the friction plate where the center piece, with the splined hole (for the gear box shaft) met the outer metal ring which held the friction plate had come away from each other and the center piece could move independently of the outer metal ring

It now feels like my wifes car which only has 1300mls on the clock, its so easy to opperate now, its a bloody pleasure to drive 8)
But the friction plate was in good condition supprisingly.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nick 225TT said:
If you dont mind me asking how much did they charge to replace your clutch :?:
ok, the price was £321 supply and fit,I also had the lower arms rear bushes replaced at the same time so total was £411inc the dreaded vat inc wheel alinement.
Please remember mine is only 2wd

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
They saved my ass when i was on the kammyTTour back in 2010 and fixed my damaged sump at late notice and was a great price!

Life savers :)

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
st3v3 said:
Nick 225TT said:
If you dont mind me asking how much did they charge to replace your clutch :?:
ok, the price was £321 supply and fit,I also had the lower arms rear bushes replaced at the same time so total was £411inc the dreaded vat inc wheel alinement.
Please remember mine is only 2wd
That sounds like a great price to me. I suppose a quattro would cost a bit more as there'd be a bit more labour involved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts