Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally picked my car up last week from the guys at midland vw after my conrod snapped in half blowing a hole straight through my engine.

What can i say their service was excellent and the car looks and feels like they have done a cracking job, i forgot how nice the my TT is to drive after being carless for over 1 months, sad times :(

In the end the car needed:

Need bottom end
Turbo
Clutch
Gearbox bell housing
Transfer box and bracket
valves
exhaust mannifold
+ little bits like coilpacks, plugs, cam belt etc.

All in all is cost me about £2500 inc labour which i think is a very good price, and if you look at the engine bay it doesnt look like there was any work done as they have put everying back in its place superbly.

Im taking it very easy at the mo as u can imagine and ive got to take it back soon so they can check over everything to make sure its all ok.

Jody said he has never seen anything this catastrophic happen and he said they do race cars that are pushed to the limits and still nothing this bad, its still not clear what has caused this but boy i wudnt wish it on anyone.

Well jumped in car again today and an old prob come back, the car started and stalled again and gave the falut code 17978 with the little car symbol with the key under it.
I know this is something to do with the immoliser blocking but has any1 sorted it and what did they do? iv been living with it for a while now and its very intermitent but i just hope my dashpod aint on the way out :?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Sorry mate can't help on the fault code but i am glad you have your motor back again mate :D

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Give Jody a shout. He'll sort it out in no time. And congratulations on getting your car sorted out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.