Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Sorry for asking this, im sure the answers are in the depths of the forum somewhere but the search facility is only letting me look at one page of results..

Anyway im after engine cover pins ( the little plastic screws that hold down the various engine covers - a few of mine are missing or broken )

Also one of my covers is now hanging down under the car as the holding washer ( that looks like a inverted starfish ) has rusted and a few of the points have broken off, stopping its grip on the grooved pin that it should be attached to.

Anyone know where i can get these from? had a look around various places but cant find anything.

Hope some of you know what I'm on about here!

Thanks

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
The engine bay cover pins can be had at the dealers for a few quid for a pack of 6 (IIRC) and they'll probably have the star washer you need too - or you could go to a hardware/diy store to get this item I would imagine.

Alternatively, for the cover fasteners, have a look at this thread(clicky linky) for a much nicer option 8)

fitted with stainless steell bolt:

Fitted with a black bolt :

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, I'd imagined id need to get over to a stealers but being such an internet geek i usually order most of my stuff online!

·
Administrator
33,050 Posts
Just go to your dealer. I ordered loads of those "inverted starfish" washers as spares as I was fed up carefully indoing them, a set of screws for the undershield as some were missing and engine cover screws as the old ones were damaged. Also those plastic rivets. They might have to order them but the parts are cheap and having new screws is always nice :wink: .

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i love new screws :lol:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

·
Registered
84,234 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.