Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

This is my second adventure in the land of TT's and i wanted to keep a progress thread for this one also.

Lets start with the basics:

- Denim Blue
    - 47,600 miles
    - FSH
    - 225 model
    - i am the 3rd owner
    - pretty much standard

Here are some pics; not even cleaned, just as-is when i picked her up (sorry for picture quality, not too clear - my camera is playing up [smiley=bigcry.gif] ) ... let's see where the journey takes us!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Very nice and low mileage. i also have a denim blue and personally i think the colour shows the lines of the car better :D i hope you have nice deep pockets to keep it mint lol and even deeper pockets if you want to improve things, :D a lesson i am learning but lovin it :D enjoy your ride

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paulj100 said:
Lovey looking denim blue TT. Beautiful colour and really shines when polished 8)

Paul
thanks Paul - yes i agree and i am looking forward to really spending time to bring back the shine.

Gonzalo1495 said:
I vote for black wheels :wink:
Funny you should mention that Gonzalo - i am in the process of writing down my 'to-do-list' and wheels are on there. Big decision on design and colour :)

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Delta4 said:
Very nice indeed, a low miler like that don't pop up often do they.
thanks Delta4. Agree about the low miler. Its funny how things turn out. I was not looking for a TT, but stumbled across this one, and it was only 4 miles from my house - so i had to go and have a look, and the rest is history :lol:

spen said:
Wow. Very nice. Looks a good one.
Thanks Spen - i really hope so :p

·
Registered
84,314 Posts
Looks well you found a good one there

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
Looks well you found a good one there
thanks Yellow.

Just back from the states so now time to start putting my own mark on this little beauty. First job is booked - going to Midland VW for a complete service and a full check over (just to make sure all is good before additional work starts.

Current plan:

- remap
- Wheels
- suspension
- exhaust
- interior
- engine bay
- detailing

... enjoy the weekend folks - its gonna be a hot-un :p [smiley=cheers.gif]

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First chance to drive my new toy - what a weekend; beautiful sunshine. All seems good; gear change very smooth; tracking good; running temperature spot on; everything seems to work as it should; very standard and very happy - HAPPY DAYS :p

Have the car booked for a full service, including Haldex later in the week; so decided to start getting her into shape; 3 hours of cleaning and detailing - couple of pictures below. Still along way to go, but very pleased so far.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good news today - car received a full service, including Haldex etc and also received a full clean bill-of-health [smiley=dude.gif] [smiley=dude.gif]

Decided that the first phase of my plan will be a Revo remap & new exhaust (Miltek non-res) - hopefully will be booked in the next 2 weeks. :p

enjoying being back in a TT (my boys keep asking if we can go places in the TT).

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
... Glad to hear she's been given a clean bill of health Neil, doesn't sound like you're going to hang about putting your own stamp on the old girl either! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Keep us posted
Steve
:)

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The Blue Bandit said:
... Glad to hear she's been given a clean bill of health Neil, doesn't sound like you're going to hang about putting your own stamp on the old girl either! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Keep us posted
Steve
:)
Thanks Steve - yup, always nice to know there are no major problems to start with. hopefully more pics to come later today :p

·
Registered
16,953 Posts
Very nice looking TT 8) look forward to seeing the mods go on [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
conlechi said:
Very nice looking TT 8) look forward to seeing the mods go on [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Thanks Mark - have some ideas, but been a while since been in a TT so having a good read of other builds to see the latest MOD list. Some very nice example on here at the moment!!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thought it was time to start getting below the surface and start bringing the Baron back into shape - while i wait for the bigger items to be done.

I think i must have some form of OCD when it comes to having clean cars. I cannot explain it, i just like driving around knowing that my car is clean - for some reason a clean car drivers better :lol: :?

So, i took advantage of a nice afternoon and started to work on a couple of areas (Door Shuts and Engine Bay)

DOOR SHUTS (before):

DOOR SHUTS (after):

ENGINE BAY (before):

ENGINE BAY (after):

Still work to be done, but starting to look better.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not done too much on the car over the last few weeks, apart from drive it and really starting to get it cleaned and up-to-spec.

Decided today to clear 12 years of grime from each wheel arch. All the wheel arches look the same so just uploading a few pics form the first wheel arch. All wheel arches now nice and clean with a protective layer.

The brakes look a bit sorry for themselves so that has been added to the list. Funny how the list never gets any shorter :?

Here are a few things on the immediate list:

- Petrol cap and roof rails off the paint shop (booked in)
- Just bought a set of BBS RS2 (original) - getting them booked in for a refurb
- Inlet manifold ready to be Powder-coated
- Charger Pipe ready to be powder-coated
- KW v35 coilovers (seriously thinking about this)
- remap
- new exhaust (not decided which one yet)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.