Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2000 225 Coupe and would like to get an airfilter in order to have a stage two chip (I know thats not all I need) and have been looking at the BMC Carbon, the only thing Im worried about is that it comes with a cold air feed, I thought it attached to the existing air pipe in the wing where the standard box sucks from? If so why do I need the cold air pipe as I understand its a nightmare to fit one on a 225?
As I want an airfilter with the minimum fuss is the any others that just attach to the existing cold air feed?
I did have a 57i but was awake nights worried about the thing sucking up hot air all the time so I thought maybe a closed one would be better?
Thanks for your time gents...

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I have a BMC CDA on mine and have supplied quite a few to forum members (check my Signature for special March deal) there is also a link to Youtube of how it sounds when fitted.

The CDA comes with a length of black tubing which is universal, I have fitted mine using around 2 inches of the pipe to locate it in the same position as where the standard airflow comes from. You can't use the whole thing as it is too wide, but you can always flog the rest of it on Ebay :)

Let me know if I can help.

Charlie

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah right I think I get it, so you have chopped up the ram air pipe and connected it to the existing cold air feed from the wing? Dont suppose you or anyone else would have a picture of it so I can see properly?

I have had a bit of a look round on the net and for a 225 the cheapest I can find is here:
http://froogle.motorsportworld.co.uk/fr ... DASP-02-33

It works out pennies over £200 delivered, I think this is about as good as Im gonna get isnt it?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
gazhev said:
Ah right I think I get it, so you have chopped up the ram air pipe and connected it to the existing cold air feed from the wing? Dont suppose you or anyone else would have a picture of it so I can see properly?

I have had a bit of a look round on the net and for a 225 the cheapest I can find is here:
http://froogle.motorsportworld.co.uk/fr ... DASP-02-33

It works out pennies over £200 delivered, I think this is about as good as Im gonna get isnt it?
I am doing some for £200 delivered in March :) so I can beat that but only just :)

I don't have a pic of mine but if you do a search on BMC or BMC CDA you will find plenty - I will have a look.

Charlie

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm using one without the supplied air feed pipe.

Easy to fit with no messing. The only takes 30 mins possibly quicker if you know where you left your ratchet last.

And you only need to cut the bracket to 3 holes long.

·
Premium Member
14,448 Posts
Charlie your such a BIG tart, :roll: you mean you sell them but have no pic's of one :roll: Come on man get a grip for gods sake. :lol:

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
When I did mine I cut off the metal tag that has the OE air filter fixing lug on (second to last of Les's photos) that way you dont crush the pipe as it goes in and you can stuff about 8" of pipe down the hole(oooerr) so less chance of pulling out air in from the engine bay. If I had the time I'd take the wheel arch liner out and run a feed through in to the front bumper but that a summer project,
Kevin

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for this gents, I love how helpful everyone is on here! The pictures are excellent, exactly what I was looking for :)
Im waiting for Awesome to get back to me with a price for the stage 2 as I already have a stage 1 chip from them and want to know if they will just ask for the extra £124 or if they want me to pay for the stage 1 again taking the total for the chip to well over £500 in which case I wont be bothering.
Does anyone have any problems with their BMC or is there any reason why I shouldnt get one?
Charlie how do I go about getting one from you for the £200 delivered?

·
Premium Member
14,448 Posts
gazhev said:
Cheers for this gents, I love how helpful everyone is on here! The pictures are excellent, exactly what I was looking for :)
Im waiting for Awesome to get back to me with a price for the stage 2 as I already have a stage 1 chip from them and want to know if they will just ask for the extra £124 or if they want me to pay for the stage 1 again taking the total for the chip to well over £500 in which case I wont be bothering.
Does anyone have any problems with their BMC or is there any reason why I shouldnt get one?
I and a few others have gone from the APR stage 1 to stage 2 and only paid the upgrade price.
No problems what so ever here with the BMC in fact you can stop buying air filters and the one in the BMC only needs cleaning and re oiling every 20k ( they say 40k but if you saw the muck that comes off it when you clean it you will want to it it every 20k miles)

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
gazhev said:
Just send me a pm with your requirement buddy, or email me on [email protected] - the stock for the 225 should be in within a week. I take Paypal as a gift on [email protected] or direct bank transfer - I do not like to take money in advance so the best bet is to pm me so I have your details on record and then I can contact you when they are in and then you can choose to go ahead and pay :) Delivery is often next day although you need to allow 2-3 days :)

Charlie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.