Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

After 5 years of owning my TT I'm gonna have to shop it in.. main reason is that I have a degenerated disc in my back and driving a manual car is extremely painful.

Ideally would have liked to get an A5 but funds can't really stretch that far.. I'm not looking for speed as I've become scared of visiting petrol stations recently 

Just looking for something nice looking and economical.

Been looking about BMW 320i M Sports (auto) 2008 models - anyone owned one? A lot of people have said to go down the 325 route, as it packs a punch but 2L is as far as I want to go.

I know the M sports suspension is hard, but my leg is where the main pain is so back won't be a problem.

Any thoughts, reviews and experiences would be appreciated.

Going for a test drive tonight so hopefully will get a feel for it.

Thanks

Suraj

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
The M Sports suspension is not hard, it's the poxy runflats they plague these cars with that gives that impression, if you buy one and its not been switched to non runflats, then factor that into your budget, non runflats totally change and improve the ride and grip and it feels like a different car.

On the second part, forget the 4 pot thing, go for the 6 cylinder its like comparing vinegar with vintage wine, if you drive a 6 cylinder you will not be happy with the crappy 4 pot I promise you.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya

Thanks for your thoughts, much appreciated! Well.. I did the deal on the one I test drove yesterday!

Fell in love with it. As for the run flats.. yes, the chap did mention that they're a bi7ch and make the ride a lot firmer.

But because i've had the intial cost of the car itself, I'm going to stick with these for now.

People have said that I can change them to normal tyres.. but thing is that there's no room for a spare tyre in the boot - so perhaps i should have one at home spare should one of them puncture? I can then use the foam kit should I have a puncture?

Thanks! Pick her up on Tuesday and cannot wait!

Will be extremely sad to see the TT go though, have had some very very fond memories in it!

Cheers

Suraj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts