Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I noticed a while back when driving that my boost gauge showed me that it goes up to 1.5 bar then drops to 1 bar. I have a chipped 225 APX 2000 TT. I've installed a new boost as the old one did not look nice and i thought it was faulty. After the new one was installed there was no difference. So recently i replaced all my vacuum hoses with silicone ones and all my turbo pipes are forge ones which i replaced a few months ago.

I have read on a post here of someone having had the same problem and that it was suggested that it might be the diverter valve that can't handle the remap the guy had. So last week i got my forge 008 diverter valve that i ordered and i installed the blue spring. The one inside is the green one and that feels weaker than the yellow and blue ones i got with it. So at the end of last week i asked for advice on here on wich one the strongest was and they said the blue one out of the green and yellow.

As i was driving this weekend that also did not do the trick as it is still dropping to 1 bar. The car still pulls really good with the 008 dv but, it felt like the old plastic one had more of a "kick". Can anyone advise me if there might be something else that results in the boost drop.

Thanks for any advise in advance.

Cheers
Werner

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Tiny bit vague despite the long post mate.

All turbo cars boost up and then tail of as the revs get up, it's by design but 1.5bar.... Does the ko4/ko3 (depending on car I guess) like 1.5bar??

If the 1.5bar is the correct boost level and it's supposed to be holding I would hazard a guess and say your actuator isn't up to the job.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip. I thought it would stay there but it make sense that it would not stay there as the revs climb up.

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts